Home

The Fred Davis vs. Jermichael Finley Debate

This is a discussion on The Fred Davis vs. Jermichael Finley Debate within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Fred Davis vs. Jermichael Finley Debate

Not really suprised. Its pretty much a given once a player becomes a Redskin he gets a raw deal...minus Orakpo because Donny liked him. I also don't understand how one of the best TE's coming out of college will never be better then Todd Yoder in my franchise. As long as Cooley is here he will never be a Pro Bowler...but why can't he be as potentially good as the Cowboys 2nd TE Bennett or 49ers Walker or Bears Clark or Packers Finley? It is what it is.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

This is the 3rd thread by the same poster about the same thing.

Face it. Potential is here to stay.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
This is the 3rd thread by the same poster about the same thing.

But it would be great if potential could at least progress, like if Fred Davis could play his way into a "C" or "B" potential and actually become useful. Hopefully it can at least become that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
But it would be great if potential could at least progress, like if Fred Davis could play his way into a "C" or "B" potential and actually become useful. Hopefully it can at least become that.
Wouldn't that kinda go against the whole idea of potential? Potential is how good someone can become, if this didn't limit how good they can become then what is the point of having it.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Wouldn't that kinda go against the whole idea of potential? Potential is how good someone can become, if this didn't limit how good they can become then what is the point of having it.
You would never have a matt hasselbeck or tom brady this way if it wasnt by statistics. They would just stay as backups and suck.

What I think they should do is scrap potential and each player has a certain goal(s) they have to complete for the year. Depending on how they do their ratings will change, decrease, or stay the same accordingly. Say a 50ovr qb has a goal of pass for 350 yards. Depending on how difficult the goal is for the player and what they accomplished they will have their ratings change that way. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
You would never have a matt hasselbeck or tom brady this way if it wasnt by statistics. They would just stay as backups and suck.

What I think they should do is scrap potential and each player has a certain goal(s) they have to complete for the year. Depending on how they do their ratings will change, decrease, or stay the same accordingly. Say a 50ovr qb has a goal of pass for 350 yards. Depending on how difficult the goal is for the player and what they accomplished they will have their ratings change that way. Just my opinion though.
That argument in bold may have had some small amount of merit before the game came out but now that it is out it is pretty ridicules. There are tons of low rated players in this game with the potential to progress into star players and when drafting there is even more opportunity for it (actually too much in my opinion).

As for the "goals" idea, that is so far off from how players really develop and just moves so far in the opposite direction from making this system more realistic.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002

What?

That makes no sense. Its like you haven't played M10 Franchise for more than half a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
This.
Plain and simple.

Just call me Sanchez

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »