Home

Madden Playoff bug explained again(this time with screenshots)

This is a discussion on Madden Playoff bug explained again(this time with screenshots) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden Playoff bug explained again(this time with screenshots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Everyone knows the Chargers are unstoppable. We have Rivers, LT, Darren "Lightning Bug" Sproles, Chambers, Jackson, Gates, Merriman, Cooper, Williams in the middle, and Cromartie in coverage. Give me any other team with that many playmakers?
The Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Eagles all have that many playmakers. lol. Sorry. just had to quote it and give the truth.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=z Revis;2040137086]The Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Eagles all have that many playmakers. lol. Sorry. just had to quote it and give the truth.[/QUOTE
i guess the chargers playmakers forgot to show up in the playoffs last year...

go steelers
Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I have been playing Madden for years, ever since the Sega Genesis version. This is the FIRST i have ever seen this glitch. I went through 7 different seasons in Franchise in Madden 09 (different franchises, not 7 consecutive years in one) and NEVER saw a playoff matchup that was wrong.
Yeah I first noticed this bug in Madden 2003. It coincides with the season when the NFL realigned the divisions to accommodate the new Houston Texans team; I believe this is the same season the NFL changed the playoff format to its current system.

I didn't really play Madden before 03 tor paid any attention to the playoffs until I accidentally found the bug in Madden 03. Even in Madden 03, I think it took about 20 seasons for it to finally happen and for me to notice it.

Its rare for this situation to occur, but it occured in real life during the 2005 - 2006 NFL playoffs, and when I simmed the exact season and wildcard results in Madden 06, the bug happened; In the Divisional round, it had:

#6 Pittsburgh playing the #2 Broncos
#4 Patriots playing the #1 Colts

when actually in real life

the #4 Patriots played the #2 Broncos and
the #6 Steelers played the #1 Colts.

I told EA about this when I first found it in Madden 2003, and all I got from them was "Hope it doesn't occur in next year's version"

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 09-06-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
How does this stuff not get fixed???
fire the morons from ea that dont kno what there doing and hire ppl who do..
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can see why they didn't fix it after the first few years since its rare for this situation to occur; but after 2005 - 2006 season (which was the default season in Madden 2006), this situation occurred in real life and I would have thought EA would have realized the problem and fixed it, but 8 years later, its still broken. Hopefully these screen shots will wake them up.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Looks like they reseed by record after the wild card round. The NFL don't they now but I don't have a problem with this.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #15
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Looks like they reseed by record after the wild card round. The NFL don't they now but I don't have a problem with this.
Exactly its only the end of the world IF you win, and get eliminated. Me I don't care how it actually goes, (Yes I would prefer it be exact and realistic), but it IS just a video game.

(speaking of, my 9 yr old daughter saw i was watching one of those "exposing madden glitches" and says to me "Daddy why is that guy whining about a video game?")

but yeah back on point, im not gonna shelf the game unless I win my playoff game, and somehow a glitch eliminates my victorious team...i like accurate stats, so i can compare with my buddies that play, and my brothers...just stuff like that for bragging rights. And an AI that competes without cheating much.

Dont get me wrong the more realistic looking, and play, the better. But on the other hand I also understand its just a game.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Not enough people complain about this problem.

Nobody complains about how the WR stances in madden need to have the front foot the the side of the ball instead of the sideline. If more people make problems known, the dev team can fix the problem quickly. Especially on minor problems.
You're not likely to have Merriman for very long. Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »