Home

improving Pass rush ?

This is a discussion on improving Pass rush ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
improving Pass rush ?

I have been tweaking sliders all day and I am simply not able to get a a decent rush going.
Anyone else have this issue or have an tips on getting some more pressure on the QB ?
Detroit Red Wings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: improving Pass rush ?

this is gonna seem ridiculous, but i started getting a much better pass rush after i switched to hardcore play calling mode.

before that, i was making all kinds of slider adjustments with no results. maybe its a coincidence, but it definitely started getting better the first game after i switched to hardcore.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldpart67
I have been tweaking sliders all day and I am simply not able to get a a decent rush going.
Anyone else have this issue or have an tips on getting some more pressure on the QB ?
what position do you lay on D? Are you a linemen? ... or do you just let your D linemen do the work while you play back covering recievers? Either way, personally i've had quite good success with pass rush. Also consider using coaching sliders if your in franchise... but i really dont see a big problem with pass rushing at all..i get my fair amount of sakes and so does the CPU on me as well...its all about picking the correct plays,audibles,etc and of course finding that nice set of sliders
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i too play on hard core and at first i couldn't get a sack to save my life no i get sacks maybe 2-4 a game sometime because the qb hold on to long sometimes because i blitz really well. i usually play the le position or a DT
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

good luck if you're using an OLB to rush. basically, you need to user control a DE and don't use turbo, just use the right stick and flick it to the right or left quickly and you'll get some pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow this is not a new issue, everyone is aware of the pass rush issue, to some degree it is broken when you are playing against the computer.
The quarterback constantly intentionally grounds his passes to avoid sacks.
Many in the community are hoping that this will be patched soon because it is a problem.

My issue with the pass rush is the cpu ability to get rid of the ball when the pass rush comes from the blind side.
most of the great pass rushers came from the right side the quarterbacks blind side for ones that throw right handed.

In madden it seems that the left side is the dominate side mostly because the quarterback animation has the quarterback take a step towards that side and either your left defensive end will dissengage his block and hit the quarterback.

If you are playing a 3-4 defense it is not implicated in the game correctly both against the run and the pass.

I have adjusted the sliders till I was blue in the face but still I can see the breakdown.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 50

I just flick the right stick to the opposite side that I initially make my DL move to before I engage in a block. Works ALL OF THE TIME for me.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »