Home

Question for guys currently playing offline franchise mode

This is a discussion on Question for guys currently playing offline franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Question for guys currently playing offline franchise mode

First off, please keep the bashing out of this thread. I, more than anyone, know Madden has problems, but I am looking for good feedback here.

I am just wondering who is currently playing franchise mode for Madden 2010 and more importantly, who is enjoying it? If you are enjoying it, what are you enjoying about it? I paid $60+ for this game and I would like to get some enjoyment out of it. I am just wondering if it is even worth getting into or if I should just stick with last gen Madden chise.

I would like to get feedback from people who arent pleased with anything. In other words, if you are entertained by shiny objects and bouncing balls, your opinion probably wont help. On the flipside, I am not looking for someone who is impossible to please, either. I am looking for opinions from people who are tough on the game, but have still found away to enjoy it.

I plan on waiting til the patch and roster update come out before I start, but overall, I just want to know is it even woth the time?

On a final note, I really hope to God EA does something with franchise mode for 2011, because I remember back in 2005 thinking that if they kept adding to franchise mode, it would be insanely good in a few years, but its just been a giant step back, and they havent even been able to make it as good as last gen franchise mode yet. I am a franchise nut and IMO, franchise is what most Madden fans buy it for, and its time it got its due.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question for guys currently playing offline franchise mode

Ive not really had any big issues with madden10's franchise.
Yes the sim stats are alittle off. I am sure they are looking into that.

I honestly really like the hand made draft classes. there are alot of really solid players that can be found in round 3-7. some of which will be immediate help others might need a year or 2 on the bench. guess it depends on what team your playing with and position.

Ive been playing with this one until the first patch/53man roster updates but for the most part it has been much much better then last years franchise.

finding a good set of sliders to play with has probably been the toughest part.
Ive just been playing alot of games and seeing what happens. Read the sliders fourms and you can probably make a set up for yourself and have alot of fun.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

I really hope they either do something about imported draft classes or enable us to edit draft classes for Madden 2011. I also follow college football very closely, and I really cant play without some of the actual college players coming into the league. At least the first 3 years I like to import classes, but they are so jacked up that it just ruins it.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really love the off season, especially the draft classes. There is an element of surprise to it which can be really fun. (Though, it has become easy since I can get a good player 5-6 out of 7 now once you know what to look for. Going forward, I plan to implement some house rules to prevent me from dominating the draft, ie scouting only 4 weeks out of a maximum of 6).

Managing the cap works now and really adds to the fun of trying to figure out which players to keep and to allow to walk.

Player regression is in which I really like (or fear?). If one of your star players over 30 years old gets hurt for X amount of games and his production cannot keep pace with the rest of the league, his stats will drop significantly in the offseason. If he is in the middle of a 6 year contract, the drop off can be a killer to your team which makes it essential for you to find some cheap gems in the later rounds of the draft.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopnk
Ive not really had any big issues with madden10's franchise.
Yes the sim stats are alittle off. I am sure they are looking into that.

I honestly really like the hand made draft classes. there are alot of really solid players that can be found in round 3-7. some of which will be immediate help others might need a year or 2 on the bench. guess it depends on what team your playing with and position.

Ive been playing with this one until the first patch/53man roster updates but for the most part it has been much much better then last years franchise.

finding a good set of sliders to play with has probably been the toughest part.
Ive just been playing alot of games and seeing what happens. Read the sliders fourms and you can probably make a set up for yourself and have alot of fun.
What's a "handmade" draft class?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I like others LOVE the draft classes and how you can find gems in the later rounds. I watched my broncos g0 6-10 in back to back seasons, and no matter how much money i threw at BJ Raji, Clay Matthews or Justin Tuck, i couldnt get them to help my team.

Then came the draft where i drafted a 75 OVR B potential LE in the 4th, then with my second 4th and 5th got 2 LB that are 80 OVR and A potential without even scouting them. Gotta love that.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
What's a "handmade" draft class?
The draft classes created by EA, not imported ones. Each prospect was specifically "handmade" by one of the developers (either Josh Looman or Donny Moore...I honestly can't remember which for sure).
Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 36

Madden 10 is the first year I've been able to enjoy playing every single game of my franchise. I feel as if the future rookies are more "personable" due to finally having pictures (cartoon, but still) which for me is huge on immersion. I love the scout feature, although I usually just pick who I want without using it so I can still "bust" in the draft. The new hub is fun to look at but it is rather simplistic, but it does the job. I was never a fan of the "practice" feature, because there is no in-season progression anyways.

Preseason is still useless, so I simulate that, but other than that if you can get realistic sliders, the game feels fun every time. I have yet to hit my first draft in my Jaguars franchise, but every week is exciting.

I'm currently in the process of making Tiquan Underwood the NFL's leading WR as a 7th round rookie...If you can set goals like that, the game is a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »