Home

Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

This is a discussion on Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 03:23 AM   #41
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

i tried this out and i have to say i am pretty impressed with the line play. and surprised that "very" slow doesn't really slow the game down as it may seem it would. i like it. thanks OP for the heads up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 21

1. Game speed should not dictate how well the AI does or does not play.

2. THIS game on slowest speed looks better and gives the user more time to make a decision on what he wants to do next. THAT does not equate to "realistic" THAT equates to 1. easier game to play. 2. Makes THIS games AI seem like its playing better(Its not)

On slowest speed default all pro, I still get blown up in the backfield by linemen. Not as much as on Slow or normal, but the oline STILL allows linemen to shed blocks easily. You just have more time to adjust because its happening slower for your mind to take evasive action.

NCAA default All American plays faster and pays for it only in the way it looks and feels. Its much more herky jerky looking and not as smooth feeling BUT the oline holds its blocks better. I find that most of the time I am tackle in NCAA its by a second level defender, NOT a defensive linemen. So I am not getting blown up in the backfield every other play. Once your mind adjusts to the speed the running in NCAA is IMO better than Madden function wise, its just uglier.

"Realistic" and "sim" are all BS terms that should be relegated to nothing more than opinion. Everyones interpretation of those words is gonna be different. There will never be a happy meeting of the minds on those words when it comes to these games. So for the people wo say this is more "realistic" or this is more "sim" please, shut up. Its just YOUR opinion vs my Opinion vs His/Hers Opinion.

Want to know whats real ?

1. Does my Oline block in a way that opens holes in the line as diagramed in the play called ?

2. Does the Dline have calls that can counter how the oline is attacking ?

3. Can my 99 Speed rated WR fly past that 85 speed rated CB in a one on one match up ?

4. Can my dline make the QB "feel" pressured without always having to blitz ?

5. Does the offense and the defense adhere to the same laws of physics in the game world ?(If my offensive players have to overcome momentum when making a change in direction does my defense ALSO have to overcome momentum ?)

6. Do my plays attack, defend what they are suppose to ?

7. Do my star players shine and stand out amongst their peers ?

etc etc etc

If the game allows you to play ANYBODY be it the cpu or a human on any speed or skill level in a way that you can attack and counter everything thats thrown at you during a game then those games you play will be "realistic"

All that said until they do a lot of fixing, this game needs some work done to it no matter what speed its played on.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:24 AM   #43
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

my games are way to easy on slowest speed.
I have like 8 sec to throw and i have 3 sec to decide where to run, etc..

I don`t agree with this threat at all.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:01 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had success playing on All-Madden with game speed on very slow, 8 min quarters with the 15 second run off and speed threshold at default. The CPU actually has a running game and the CPU defense makes me punt at least a few times a game. I can get pressure on the QB, but they still throw the ball before getting hit so I don't get the sack.

And I don't think it's too slow or anything. Fast players will remain fast and the game doesn't turn too easy. This all just in my experience though.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 22

I kinda like it on very slow myself... i dont know what it is but it feels pretty darn good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #46
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

IMO, the game does play more realistic on very slow. A pass over the middle that you would complete on very slow gets picked off on the fast speeds. Not because you made a bad read, but because the game on fast speeds triggers the superhuman LB animations that warp into position to make the pick.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #47
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i just gave this a 2nd try...

same opinion.

i had 6 att for 106 i broke a few long runs as well..
It`s just too easy to find hole.

maybe the cpu could play better, but i play a lot better at slower speeds.

back to fast...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 49

very slow is a excellent setting, and no doubt the annimations look better. I actually see josting, pushing, etc that I dont see on other speed settings. Weird but true.

Its also realistic. Please tell me you guys dont think fast and very fast are real nfl speeds. Just watch the TV games which is what we are simulating. At best real nfl is maddens normal. Many have been so used to maddens lightning speed(specially after the 60fps change 08)

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-07-2009 at 09:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »