Home

CPU is Telegraphing the Run...

This is a discussion on CPU is Telegraphing the Run... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: CPU is Telegraphing the Run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaturne
Wow. No wonder it is so easy to stop the run (at least in Franchise). If you pay close attention to the CPU's playcalling, you will see that most if not all of the passing plays are done out of the 3 to 5 WR set, and virtually every run is done out of a formation with equal or lesser than 2 WR's. All I do is blitz when the CPU selects a formation with 2 or less receivers and... wa-la!... stopped a run in its tracks.

Note, that the Run blocking slider is at 100 too (and I know that block-shedding plays a factor too)! I think that part of the poor CPU running is due in part the terrible CPU playcalling, coaching, and play-adjustment. The CPU not only will not only refuse to mix up run-pass plays, but will not adjust its playcalling either.
Did you test that theory out on pass heavy teams, run heavy teams, and balanced teams? It could be the way the team's playbook is set up.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »