Home

Sim player vs Reg player debate

This is a discussion on Sim player vs Reg player debate within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Sim player vs Reg player debate

Now I heard the term Sim play. I for one, know of this. I think I considered myself a sim player since the days of way back. We are talking since tecmo super bowl, how they introduced the first ever franchise mode, surprisingly, no sliders in it but the gameplay was fun as all hell.

but I digress. I think the meaning to sim is you play it like real nfl. Granted you can thrash your opponent, albeit the cpu, but I play it like a real nfl game. I don't go on 4th and 1 unless it's really, really necessary. I don't run the score. If my guy is rushing for 20-25 attempts for 160 something yards and it's a blowout, i'll pull him out and put in my sub. I don't run outside my pocket unless it's really necessary.

I don't know, maybe I got the term sim confused. With Madden, with some good sliders on very slow with 60 threshold, i'm getting some really really good games playing "sim" style.

I feel guys who don't play sim usually expose a weakness in the cpu, mind you not opponent as in teams, and keep throwing it or running it there to up the stats or score, etc. This results in getting bored of the game quickly.

How do you guys play? just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sim player vs Reg player debate

32 Controlled Team Sim Offline Franchise...........

Is there really any other way to play this game?

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,
Old 09-07-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP
32 Controlled Team Sim Offline Franchise...........

Is there really any other way to play this game?

Here's the problem with that. You go to draft day, and you're either left with having to draft each and every team or sim them all. You can't draft a particular team.

when I said sim, I didn't mean it literally.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusranch
I don't go on 4th and 1 unless it's really, really necessary. I don't run the score. If my guy is rushing for 20-25 attempts for 160 something yards and it's a blowout, i'll pull him out and put in my sub. I don't run outside my pocket unless it's really necessary.

How do you guys play? just curious.
I play like that ^^^. If you see it on Sunday, that's about what you'll see me doing. =P Wouldn't enjoy it any other way.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Oh, and I'd say sim player vs. arcade player, because in my eyes sim is regular and running up the score, nano-blitzing, and onside kicking every time should cost a quarter each time someone does it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homecourt
Oh, and I'd say sim player vs. arcade player, because in my eyes sim is regular and running up the score, nano-blitzing, and onside kicking every time should cost a quarter each time someone does it.
I was going to say arcade but someone is going to take offense to it so i made up a sophisticated term for it.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusranch
Here's the problem with that. You go to draft day, and you're either left with having to draft each and every team or sim them all. You can't draft a particular team.

when I said sim, I didn't mean it literally.
I do draft for each team because I control each team. With the idiot logic of the CPU run franchises there is no way in hell I will leave it up the computer to draft for itself.

Ever see a CPU run team with a franchise QB draft another franchise QB in the top 10? I have. Ever seen a CPU run franchise draft RB in the top 10 when they already have a 1800 yard back? I have. Ever seen a CPU run franchise sign a high priced franchise WR in the free agent signing period when they already have a high priced WR on their team? Because I have.

If you don't run each team in franchise mode your ruining your franchise experience.

Just look at some of the teams schemes when run by the CPU. Teams that made the switch to the 3-4 Defense in real life haven't made the switch to the 3-4 in Madden. When I run all 32 teams I can switch them myself. They have players playing out of position as well. D.J. Williams of the Denver Broncos is ILB in their new 3-4 scheme not a OLB. In Arizona Betrand Berry is an OLB not a DE, and if you let the CPU run the Cards they are running a base 4-3 when in real life they run a base 3-4 with Dansby playing in the Middle while Berry and Okefer are the OLB's. Darnell Dockett is listed as DT in real life, but in real life he plays DE in the Cards 3-4 scheme. In Arizona if you don't manuelly move him to DE he will be their Nose Tackle at a cool 6'4290 lbs. Have you ever seen a dominant NT at under 300lbs.? Cause I haven't. And the list goes on. The Chiefs, Packers, Browns, Jets and 49ers are still listed as 4-3 defenses when they have all made the switch to a base 3-4 system. If you don't run each team then you won't play against when they really play like in real life.

I can't be the only one who sees this stuff, either that or you guys don't care and are content with the CPU being completely ********.

If you let the CPU run the other 31 teams Madden Offline Franchise is a joke.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,

Last edited by MarioIsMVDP; 09-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

As long as you don't do a shot gun every play and do 15 million hot routes and audibles I don't have a problem with the way you play. It's one thing to do this at the 2 minute warning but all game? I played the 2nd or 3rd ranked person on PS3 and all they did was run shot gun and streaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »