Home

franchise mode issue...

This is a discussion on franchise mode issue... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #73
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: franchise mode issue... attribute points glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
yes, you got it right... i'm not happy because my coaches should be able to earn attribute boost perks over a successful period of time in franchise mode... its not cause i'm greedy, rather its about the principle of it...

& my guys are playing out of there minds only when i control them... stats are mush less/realistic when i simulate...

but your seem to look @ this issue very narrow minded... "i'm doing well so why am i complaining"... blah blah blah

your not looking at the big picture thats inevitably effecting other teams/players that i'm not controlling... & others in there franchise as well
Narrow minded? I beg your pardon, how so? If you are using this argument so you can sim games, I see your point. But you never took that stance to my knowledge, hence why I presume you are attempting to exploit coach progression to inflate your stats.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Narrow minded? I beg your pardon, how so? If you are using this argument so you can sim games, I see your point. But you never took that stance to my knowledge, hence why I presume you are attempting to exploit coach progression to inflate your stats.

i do sim games... i sim about half my season... i only play teams with winning records... again, super irrelevant but you insist on drilling me about it

& take your blinders off... what about the teams im not controlling, why should they suffer?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #75
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
i do sim games... i sim about half my season... i only play teams with winning records... again, super irrelevant but you insist on drilling me about it

& take your blinders off... what about the teams im not controlling, why should they suffer?

How are they suffering?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
How are they suffering?
these extra attribute boosts effect the players getting them in a positive way... the teams not getting them, don't have that extra advantage during sim games... now obviously these teams that don't have these coaching perks should earn that... but as we discussed in this thread... those perks cant be earned... & those coaches that have those perks will not lose them... regardless of how bad there teams play...

example: so if the patriots under BB (or in madden... NE coach) have some piss poor seasons for a stretch of time... they still get rewarded with player attribute boosting from the coach... but if the lions have a decent stretch... they wont be rewarded because there coach didnt have those perks by default & cannot earn them over a successful period of years...

this directly effects how teams progress without effecting the specific progression of those players... luckily those attribute boosts don't add on to the players rating once that coach leaves the team or that player leaves the team

these attribute boosts make a significant difference for the teams that get them... just look at the rosters & judge it yourself... when every player is getting a 3-5 point boost in AWR thats a substantial difference when simming games

Last edited by driftwood; 09-08-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
And that makes it better??? Either you play on rookie level or are one hell of player. I am leaning towards the former rather than the latter. Nevertheless, what is the problem? You are putting up ridiculous stats and you want your coaches to progress/attribute boosts so in turn your players who are already playing out of their minds get better from the better coaching? Really? Am I following this correctly?
Maybe you should read the thread and then maybe you'll get it. It's the fact that certain coaches you can get give a stat boost for either off, def, or st. However it's only certain coaches and the rest can never progress or earn the same bonuses. It's an issue of dynasty immersion. Why even post if just to flame something? Who gives a flying rats *** what difficulty he plays on? I put up 6000 passing and 2500 rushing in a season on all madden 6 minute quarters. It's franchise and beating the cpu has never been hard, this thread isnt about that genius.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #78
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
these extra attribute boosts effect the players getting them in a positive way... the teams not getting them, don't have that extra advantage during sim games... now obviously these teams that don't have these coaching perks should earn that... but as we discussed in this thread... those perks cant be earned... & those coaches that have those perks will not lose them... regardless of how bad there teams play...

example: so if the patriots under BB (or in madden... NE coach) have some piss poor seasons for a stretch of time... they still get rewarded with player attribute boosting from the coach... but if the lions have a decent stretch... they wont be rewarded because there coach didnt have those perks by default & cannot earn them over a successful period of years...

this directly effects how teams progress without effecting the specific progression of those players... luckily those attribute boosts don't add on to the players rating once that coach leaves the team or that player leaves the team

these attribute boosts make a significant difference for the teams that get them... just look at the rosters & judge it yourself... when every player is getting a 3-5 point boost in AWR thats a substantial difference when simming games
This puts a premium on selecting the most qualified coaches does it not? I absolutely get where you are coming from this. In theory, coaches should progress and regress, but given this games track record some other "glitch" may pop up.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
This puts a premium on selecting the most qualified coaches does it not? I absolutely get where you are coming from this. In theory, coaches should progress and regress, but given this games track record some other "glitch" may pop up.
yes it does put a premium on quality coaches, nothing wrong with that... but is it wrong for an up-&-coming coach to get to that premium status after some successful years? & vice versa

& im not mad that madden put this feature in the game, its just a little broken... so i'm trying to point the flaw out... it just seemed to take a while to get people on board & understand where i was coming from

Last edited by driftwood; 09-08-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #80
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
yes it does put a premium on quality coaches, nothing wrong with that... but is it wrong for an up-&-coming coach to get to that premium status after some successful years? & vice versa

& im not mad that madden put this feature in the game, its just a little broken... so i'm trying to point the flaw out... it just seemed to take a while to get people on board & understand where i was coming from

Are you certain that no other coaches get attribute increases over time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »