Home

Not enough to do in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Not enough to do in Franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Not enough to do in Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
I like this years game and I am playing the daylights out of it.

I just wish there were more GM and coach related things to do day to day in the franchise mode.

1. Why can't we cut down rosters
2. Cannot scout or gameplan for the next opponent
3. Why is there not any activity going on with other GM around the league
4. Players just feel like monetary beings
5. Scouting is very hit and miss. Should be some news stories about up and coming players while they are in college.

I like the face lift the mode had gotten this year but going forward it needs to be more fulfilling. Just feels like I play recap rinse and repeat. I am very excited about this years NHL GM mode. Hope Madden can get to that type of level.
I agree with all of your points and I'm also excited about this year's NHL GM mode. That thing looks sick! Too bad I don't have the money to buy it at the moment
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker24
Um....If that's true. There are seriously issue with the AI logic.
It is true i've heard about it on the EA Madden forums
Old 09-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's like another poster stated. Get rid of all the clutter. scrap the mini games. If you're not going to add anything new to superstar mode scrap it for now and bring it back later (it's not like you guys aren't doing that now) redone and new in 2012 or something. scrap madden test and virtual trainer they are wastes of memory and space.

Hopefully that should be enough space to add a more indepth franchise mode ala head coach 09............ hopefully
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
All of the things the Op mentioned are in Head Coach
EXACTLY! HC09 FTW!!

But seriously, I've always maintained (and i'm sure everybody else would wholeheartedly agree) that if franchise was basically Head Coach (with a few tweaks here and there), but the games were fully playable just like madden 10, then you'd have a perfect (or near to it) franchise experience.

From coaches, to playcalling, to GMing, to scouting, to coach philosophies to ratings to health/fatigue to play-creating.... HC09 was the business and would/should satisfy any franchise player.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
It's like another poster stated. Get rid of all the clutter. scrap the mini games. If you're not going to add anything new to superstar mode scrap it for now and bring it back later (it's not like you guys aren't doing that now) redone and new in 2012 or something. scrap madden test and virtual trainer they are wastes of memory and space.

Hopefully that should be enough space to add a more indepth franchise mode ala head coach 09............ hopefully
The problem i see with this is why would EA want to do that if they could just come out with Head Coach 11 or something and earn more money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazamonka
The problem i see with this is why would EA want to do that if they could just come out with Head Coach 11 or something and earn more money?
True and that's what pisses consumers off.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

it annoys me a little that i cant run a practice in franchise mode. nothing crazy, just the same as the quick play practice. i just dont want to have to save my franchise, export my team, load my team, just to practice with my franchise squad
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Dang, just bring back those player roles...

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »