Home

Terrible Luck

This is a discussion on Terrible Luck within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Terrible Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
In that case, I would have kicked the field goal and let my defense and go into OT. If he kept going for points like he did then you could possibly stop him there and get another shot before OT starts. With the time outs left you had a lot of room to work with.

You did get extremely unlucky. I have had some games where it felt like I couldnt do a single thing good. Then that same game at another time it feels like I cant do any wrong. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you get unlucky. There is a certain percentage for players to mess up on any given play and it looks like you were given the short end of the stick in this all match long.

When I have a game where my offense is horrible as a whole, I tend to play extremely conservative. Like taking the field goal and letting my defense handle the rest of the work.(Side note...why were you passing so much?!? You had Johnson and White to rock with lol)
Agreed, that was my plan but he kept stacking the box. I was feeling really good about my offense to, I was moving the ball really well but both my turnovers were off of tipped passes. I think in the same situation I would do the same thing... except sub Jared Cook Jr. in for Alge Crumpler, haha.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aww man that's BS. To have two passes dropped then picked off is disgusting!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Yea I had all 3.
If you had all 3 timeouts, why did you let him score?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
If you had all 3 timeouts, why did you let him score?
Because he got a first down on the first play after the onside kick. So I burnt it and knew I had to let him score. I think the question was how many did I have when I decided to go for 2.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #21
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Just today after taking out Darren McFadden and Drew Brees out for the season and for 6 weeks respextively, I lose Brandon Jacobs for 8 weeks and Osi for a month. I can dig it though since injuries are at least happening now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sh*t happens, bro. I mean, dropped passes happen to wide open receivers. Especially Titans receivers, if you're a long time follower of the team like me. Dropped passes don't mean the game is scripted. If anything, you lost the game because of bad game management. If you kick the FG, the game is tied up and you don't have Alge's drop. You also don't see the Nate drop. Kick the FG, kick the ball deep, and use your timeouts at that point.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
If you kick the FG, the game is tied up and you don't have Alge's drop. You also don't see the Nate drop. Kick the FG, kick the ball deep, and use your timeouts at that point.
Which is basically my point.

We're going to differ in opinions, OP, because I'm just not as aggressive in Madden as you. The only time I will go for it on 4th and 1 in the first half is if I'm playing as PHI and I'm in Dallas. I'm spiteful like that. I'll only do it once tho - I remember Phillips going for it on 4th and 1 in real life in the 1st quarter at DAL's own 40 yard line. But thaaaaat's a whole 'nother story.

However, 2 point conversions? I really only go for them if I'm behind and I need to. I've tried to win a game with a 2 pt conversion once, and I think I made it. But I just don't care for calling those kind of plays.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #24
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I was in a Madden 10 tournament and terrible luck. I was the Titans, my opponent was using the Ravens.
Sounds pretty realistic to me.

Last edited by Nza; 09-08-2009 at 07:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »