Home

Brain Dead CPU AI

This is a discussion on Brain Dead CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Brain Dead CPU AI

1. Has anyone seen the CPU QB audible? I can press cover all day and the CPU seems to never audible to a deep pass. Likewise if I load up the line for a run.

2. AI is so bad on clock management that I now use Rewind to give AI a second chance. CPU down by 4 no time outs...Saints (CPU) v. Cowboys..5 seconds left. On the 50...throws a 4 yard dump off pass which I tackle....then I hit rewind....Brees then drops a 50 yard pass to win the game. Its so lame that I have to rewind to get the correct play.

Really wish they would let some of us to program the AI with some rules that are not broken....need a TD to win, no time outs, throw deep always....inside the 50 on a punt...punt for the corner...etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Brain Dead CPU AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylawyer
1. Has anyone seen the CPU QB audible? I can press cover all day and the CPU seems to never audible to a deep pass. Likewise if I load up the line for a run.

2. AI is so bad on clock management that I now use Rewind to give AI a second chance. CPU down by 4 no time outs...Saints (CPU) v. Cowboys..5 seconds left. On the 50...throws a 4 yard dump off pass which I tackle....then I hit rewind....Brees then drops a 50 yard pass to win the game. Its so lame that I have to rewind to get the correct play.

Really wish they would let some of us to program the AI with some rules that are not broken....need a TD to win, no time outs, throw deep always....inside the 50 on a punt...punt for the corner...etc.
Pretend this is a court house, Something called Tact, Im sure you have heard of it.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

I wondered the same thing. The CPU never audibles. Does it audible if accelerated clock is off?

I play man to man press coverage the entire game, and the CPU never throws deep. Their only long plays come on broken tackles.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

People the AI has alot of problems right now in this system. The AI overall needs to be redone all over again. I know how ya'll feel when playing. The AI just sucks for the most part.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

OP and those others having AI issues, what level difficulty and play call style are you using? I play with custom sliders somewhere between All Pro and All Madden and the playstyle at Hardcore. While I agree with most of what you are saying, I think Hardcore playstyle helps sufficiently - at least for me. I agree though, improvements could be made in this area.

So what difficulty and play call style are you using?

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 09-08-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

why would the way how you call plays change the AIs actions ? (havenīt played on hardcore yet, so pardon me if this is obvious)

And is there a difference in just going to "custom" and set sliders or to choose, say, All Madden and change those ?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

i havent noticed a difference between hardcore playcalling and advanced
Old 09-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I popped Madden 09 for Xbox 360 to see the QB play....Cards v. Steelers...Big Ben was making audible calls left and right...moving receivers, calling pass plays in response to my defense... same thing on defense....sometimes in Madden 10, I will come out with 3 wide and the CPU be in a 4-3 and one receiver will go uncovered leading to a big gain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »