Home

What do you want out of your franchise?

This is a discussion on What do you want out of your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What do you want out of your franchise?

The main thing I look for is competition. If I can go 14-2 with the Lions, I'm not having much fun.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Again, I don't know if it's the sliders or probably my lack of aggression in video games, but I've managed to get realistic win/loss records. I think the only time I've had a perfect season was in NFL QB Club '98.

That may be an exaggeration, lol.

But seriously, with PHI, I can manage 10-6 to 13-3 seasons. Which.. is realistic. Last year I lost the first three games of my second season with Philly. Can't complain.

I get 8-8 seasons every now and then. I mean, it all comes down to you not playing as aggressively as you'd want to. Run out of bounds on what would be sure 85 yard tds. You don't need to let 6 of those happen in a game. Sure, the game is at fault for making this kind of easy at times. But then again, you are human and the game is COM. You're going to outsmart the game now and then.

I've also learned that if I play a game, and then take a break, my next game will be balanced, like my first. Whereas if I play 3 games in an hour, by the third game I'm so used to playing that I'm scoring 50 points easy.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't want to win every game. It's pretty annoying when I go a combined 29-3 with an average team at best. I upped the difficulty to little success because the AI blitzes are easy to light up. Plus the poor pursuit angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I am looking to have fun while having a challenege winning the Super Bowl, I want to see my players progress and regress, win awards, retire, etc.

As for Madden being too easy I do not have that problem as I use the same system I have used for years now and it works great. I use Ask Madden on offense and have to call the play on the left, no switching. If it is a pass play I have to try and hit the receiver that is highlighted. I only vary from this if I get behind by two scores in which case I can call any of the three plays first shown. I just put myself into the mindset that I am the player and the coach is sending in the plays. I do not audible or motion guys to give me an advantage. I still win more than I lose and generally make the playoffs but I have not made it to the Super Bowl yet and I am in year 4 of my franchise.

I definitely hear what you are saying but I just realised I have to play Madden the way it wants me to as opposed to the way I would like to.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's actually a smart idea Beardown. I may have to give that a shot.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Your issues aren't really franchise mode issues, but gameplay issues.
I agree they are game play issues, but that is just part of the question. IMO, the game play issues are a leading cause to unrealistic franchise results.

I think I am going to have to give Beardown's idea a chance. I think the modification would be to mentally keep track of what plays have already been called. I don't want ask Madden to call the same play over and over in a game. Also I want to keep a mental track on the run/pass ratio. I prefer a solid rushing attack, so I may use the ask Madden feature like how the Colts used to call plays, one pass and two runs. The idea that these are the few plays the OC wants to call and at the line I can make the final call in a formation audible if need be.

lastly, great idea all around. I agree that what we need at the very least is to see M11's franchise to be as good as older versions of Madden, and ideally we could get Head Coach into M11. Strike that, Head coach and then some
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I like Bear's idea. I have gone 29-3 winning 2 strait SuperBowls on 09 with the Cleveland Browns. So far I am 0-1 on my new season.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokaparty
That's actually a smart idea Beardown. I may have to give that a shot.
The main thing I don't like about doing that is you can't use formation Audibles like spell HB and swap WR.

And to answer the OP's question. I also just want a challenge. If I have a franchise with the Lions I would rather go 4-12 than 12-4. I don't want to be able to win right off the bat. I want top build a team make my drafts and FA's really matter.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »