Home

Is getting a sack too easy?

This is a discussion on Is getting a sack too easy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Is getting a sack too easy?

Or is it just me?

I've been playing with some of the best and widely used sliders on these boards, so people can't say 'he's probably plays on rookie'

But on defense I control Ogunleye (who is a good defender). All I do is sprint forward on the snap, hit the right analog right or left to perform a swim move and I pretty much always get to the QB. I finish it off when a diving tackle.

With all these tough sliders I've used, I've recorded 44 sacks in 2009 and 52 in 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is getting a sack too easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox51
Or is it just me?

I've been playing with some of the best and widely used sliders on these boards, so people can't say 'he's probably plays on rookie'

But on defense I control Ogunleye (who is a good defender). All I do is sprint forward on the snap, hit the right analog right or left to perform a swim move and I pretty much always get to the QB. I finish it off when a diving tackle.

With all these tough sliders I've used, I've recorded 44 sacks in 2009 and 52 in 2010.
it is somewhat easy with ogunleye
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Stop performing the diving tackle.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox51
I finish it off when a diving tackle.
That is why. It seems as if diving at the QB turns what would be lame duck passes into sacks.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
That is why. It seems as if diving at the QB turns what would be lame duck passes into sacks.

Isnt that the truth. On Sat night I played Raiders at Chiefs and it was the 4th quarter and Cassell and the Chiefs "O" was driving down field so I said "what the hell, I'll take control of DT Richard Seymour and bullrushed up the middle and then just took a wild dive at Cassell and I sacked him. I was like damn, Seymour dove 10 ft....LOL But it shut them down on 3rd and long and they were forced to punt.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »