Home

any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

This is a discussion on any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonopoly
I just watched that entire video, really exposed all madden for a joke and I would venture to bet that all-pro is similar. And I think the part where welker and galloway where playing off line, I think they blocked Jacksonville because New England is programed to win 99% of the time. I personally play with Jacksonville in my offline franchise and have problems doing anything productive at times on all-pro level against the top-tier teams. Specifically running the ball at times is impossible because the def is on top of you before you can even make 1 move. It also goes back to the progression issues people had on here, as far as only the good coaches bestowing any progression on your players. It applies to actual games too, because Bellicheck gives the entire team a +5 awr witch is ok with me but it helps explain this video somewhat.

That video is practice mode right, im sure that is the practice field. But it is the same in the regular season games too.

Good Video.

Not to get off topic or start an argument, but Jacksonville does not have a squad that is deep enough to deal with any of the "top tier" teams, honestly. That part seems pretty realistic to me. Be real with yourself did you play a perfect game to beat those teams because that's what it'll take to beat 'em in real life. To each their own ya digg
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I would bet that it is that way because everyone, at one point, complained that the game doesn't produce realistic results. They create a game that produces realistic results and everyone complains about control (or lack there of).

Unless EA makes two games or gives control to the player with an uber amount of sliders that can not only change the success/fail rate of a given elemant of the game but can also change the physics (player response time to user input, passing accurancy, eleminate player momentum to name a couple) the complaining will never stop.

Nice point! But I think its time for EA to scrap the AI that they've been tweeking for so many years. Its all about research and development. Still the cpu will take very poor pursuit angles, still the cpu can't guard rbs/fbs in the flats, still the cpu will never learn how to defend against repetition (running the same play over and over). I just feel that football is being lost within Madden in the past 5 years! Next-Gen game with no real physics engine!!!! Unexplainable and unacceptable!!! The reason why they put in the "cpu threshold" stuff in was not to produce a more realistic game "mainly", I mean thats part of it but the main reason was to try to keep the cheezers in check!!!
The cheezer are the ones who break Madden or should say "SHOW THAT THE GAME IS BROKEN" I know its just a game but EA can do way better with their money maker!!! EA can make Madden not just a good game but a GREAT GAME. By using way better AI, an actual physics engine created in 2006 to present (fyi did you know that EA has been using the same tackle engine since 1994) and having more then one person getting all the stats from all teams!!! Thats at least 1000 players wow Donney Moore has to be over worked but im pretty sure he loves all that power he has lol!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Yeah, let's play on All Madden.

Great Great Great vid Versus!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »