Home

any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

This is a discussion on any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

seems like the cpu only scores on big plays. They break a long run for a TD or a long pass for a TD. The most annoying thing is it seems like every single INT gets returned for a TD.

i have speed threshold at 50 and tackling at 60 with cpu break block at 50
i play 12 min (15 sec run off) and i always have these long 10-15 play drives, then the cpu bangs out a TD in 2 plays.....kind of annoying

any ideas on how to reduce the big plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

Aye I'm a firm believer is the game 50% your play and 50% scripted by the CPU, I pick all my plays, picking your plays has cut-down drastically the big plays, I can handle a few cause that's how it be sometimes. I also play all-pro, 15 minute quarters and 15 sec run off
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

jack the threshold up to 75 or 80....this will reduce the HUGE plays....Sorta. This year it appears HUGE...Gynormous plays are a hidden "NEW" feature.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

The reason scores are so excessive is the big plays - the pick sixes, the one broken tackle with safeties either outa position or taking bad angles to the ball carrier. Does seem almost scripted.

The only way you get low scoriing games it seems is to slider tweak so excessively that you kill offenses game in and game out.

I truly yearn for a 14-7 game where the score isn't based on 6 int's apiece.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

On defense I run alot of Cover 2 and Cover 3 and sneak in a corner blitz every once in a while and that seems to stop the "big play". I can get nickle and dimed doing that way but if you get a sack, the cpu throws a bad pass, or you make a good individual play by stopping the run you can get the cpu offense off the field.

I think it depneds on who your team is as well...if I play with the Seahawks, I have a tendency to give up big plays (paticularly against the pass)...but if I roll with the Titans I can play stout defense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: any suggestions on reducing the CPU Big plays?

Can we have no NO NOOOOO CPU threshold or assistance at all? Why is this in the game?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

maybe you should just get better at the game, play on all madden and keep playing til you can win. there is always going to be big plays, thats how football goes, there will always be big plays
Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeDDeN7xxl
Can we have no NO NOOOOO CPU threshold or assistance at all? Why is this in the game?
I would bet that it is that way because everyone, at one point, complained that the game doesn't produce realistic results. They create a game that produces realistic results and everyone complains about control (or lack there of).

Unless EA makes two games or gives control to the player with an uber amount of sliders that can not only change the success/fail rate of a given elemant of the game but can also change the physics (player response time to user input, passing accurancy, eleminate player momentum to name a couple) the complaining will never stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »