Home

Question for those who enjoy the game

This is a discussion on Question for those who enjoy the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Question for those who enjoy the game

So I'm one of the people here that loves this game, and gets huge replay value from it. I've enjoyed franchise mode very thoroughly so far, and the gameplay to me is light years better than anything else I've played. There are some flaws of course, but the good far far out weighs the bad.

My question is do you find yourself participating on this forum a lot less because of all the negativity towards the game you can't relate with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Question for those who enjoy the game

YES! i love the game. ofcourse it has flaws. its a game! but i love it . played so much already! hate all the negative comments. some people need to get a life and get over it. ITS A GAME! HAVE FUN.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

I generally just check these boards for helpful info about games (whether it be tips or detailed control explanations, etc.) I stay away from all the negative (and, IMO, nit-picking threads).

I'm old enouhg (35) to have enough other stuff going on in my life that I prioritize a lot higher than dissecting exactly how a videogame version of football is different than the real thing. I don't expect it to mimic real life, but I always appreciate realism when possible. I understand that these games are made by humans within a tight time schedule and I'm not *owed* a game that somehow can perfectly recreate something as complicated as 20+ football players doing hundreds of different things simultaneously (not to mention there are millions of Madden players, who all play differently, which also effects how "real" the results end up being).

Some years I decide the game hasn't changed enough from the previous year to warrant another $60 from me and some years I do make the purchase. I'm really enjoying this year's game and see the progress the game has made in the last few years. Of course, I'd like there to be more improvements for next year, but I'll continue to enjoy this game (and other games) for the time being.

Last edited by born_bad; 09-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm done with these forums.

I love this game and I honestly don't care about the little things the guys on here bitch about. I can ignore those tiny details and enjoy the game

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been pretty much just sticking to the sliders sub-forum here. There's actually civil discussions going on in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Yes, I am disgusted by the complaining on here. it really turns me off to the point I spend much more time in the sliders forum than here in the regular one. At least there you will find people who aren't so whiny and complaining all the time. I don't even notice most of the things these people complain about.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

I love the fact there's a sticky for the gripes...../sarcasm off/

I just browse looking for patch info or whatever. What I hate is people who start new complaint threads when there's a sticky just for them.

I'm lovin the game. Sure it has some flaws, but so does the "holy grail" of video games, The Show.

Doesn't make the game unplayable, IMO....
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm only on at work (get your work done fast, relax slow) but yeah it gets annoying with all the complaints. Honestly I don't think the mods do enough "modding" around here. Almost every other post is the same complaint, instead of approaching those directly involved in the game in a civil manner they come on here and complain. Kids will be kids I guess...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »