Home

Madden NFL 10 Announces AFL Legacy Pack, Screenshots and Video Available

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Announces AFL Legacy Pack, Screenshots and Video Available within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #49
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 10: AFL Legacy Pack DLC Details

I love it. Every company does DLC, but only EA gets s**t for it. Laughable.

I want those uni's so i'm getting it. its 7$. The price of a value meal. Calm down the noise.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #50
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by earaylewis
7 $ people complain about 7 $

wow

Ian put all the thing you want for 7 $ i will buy the thing that i want straight simple.
Not its not JUST 7 dollars. If you're on 360, you have to either
A) Go buy a 800 or 1600 point card(not all stores carry 800pt cards)
B) Add points to my debit card and that either has to be 6.25 or 12.50(being the only options M$ offers when buying points)

Now, thats not EA's fault that the point system is so stupid. But thats how it is. And I'm not willing to do that for whats being offered.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: First details on AFL Legacy Pack DLC ($6.99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
You can't handle truth? Explain to me why we should have to pay for this and then I'll agree with you.
The truth about what? LOL.

No one's making you pay for it. It is extra content that adds to the experience. Just like every other DLC from game companies, it cost EA money to make it.

I could understand if it were just some uniforms but this is more than that.

If you guys are gonna whine about $7, you might as well just go ask your mommy and daddy to buy it for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #52
Rookie

adun_79's Arena

It looks like there are only 4 unis... meh
Sepia - iirc they had this in World Cup 98
AFL field art - this one is good but I barely use those teams so it doesn't affect me.

It's a good pack for the fans of the original AFL teams, for the rest of us not so much.

Try to make DLCs for every team/divison, add in some old style goal posts and now we're talking

http://www.chicagobears.com/tradition/Uniform.html

Last edited by adun_79; 09-08-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
Do they charge peopel for throwbacks in NBA2k9? Why would anyone defend this? Give me a reason why we should have to pay and then I'll agree with you. I am very open to debates. I just think the in game advertisements,New DLC, and old DLC is a little ridiculous. It is GREED. Why doesn't EA have a freaking yard sale while there at. Are they tight on money or something? OR is that license making them broke. There should already be presentation elements that change when I arrange a throwback game. Commentators should say something about it and the symbols should change. Why should I have to pay for that?
Reasons why THEY should charge it:

They are a business.
THe goal of a business is to maximize profit.
Their strategic business department determined there would be a market for this. (There will be).

The great thing about being a consumer is YOU get to decide what to buy and what not to buy.

Did you have to buy the game?
Do you have to buy the DLC?

Now, from EA's standpoint, what reasons would you give for them not to sell OPTIONAL DLC?

And just to add, I will not be buying this DLC, it would be cool, but it is not important enough to me to have. I would love it if it were free.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #54
Rookie

Leftygroove's Arena

This is some really cool stuff... however; what's frustrating to me, and probably the reason I won't buy it is that this is DLC that basically lasts the life of this version of the game (which is probably about 7-8 months). It's not like Rock Band songs or Halo maps which can be used for a long time (RB songs can be used across different sequels). Madden puts out a new game every year which is something that most games with DLC don't do. If I buy these uni's, I want to be able to use them in future versions of Madden. THEN, I'll strongly consider building a library of throwbacks.

But as of right now, they are only sold as a part of Madden 10, and Madden 10 isn't a "platform;" it isn't going to be updated past 2 patches and the rosters will be outdated in March.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adun_79
It looks like there are only 4 unis... meh
actually, there are 16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #56
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygroove
This is some really cool stuff... however; what's frustrating to me, and probably the reason I won't buy it is that this is DLC that basically lasts the life of this version of the game (which is probably about 7-8 months). It's not like Rock Band songs or Halo maps which can be used for a long time (RB songs can be used across different sequels). Madden puts out a new game every year which is something that most games with DLC don't do. If I buy these uni's, I want to be able to use them in future versions of Madden. THEN, I'll strongly consider building a library of throwbacks.

But as of right now, they are only sold as a part of Madden 10, and Madden 10 isn't a "platform;" it isn't going to be updated past 2 patches and the rosters will be outdated in March.
This is an excellent point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »