Home

2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

This is a discussion on 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

i don't think passing needs to be any harder, especially w/ sliders and difficulty adjustments, but i think QB awareness should be accounted for more...i'll just copy & paste my idea i posted in a previous thread...

i think having the players appropriate button icon flash above them at the perfect time to throw it would be way more beneficial to represent a QBs awareness. so if "x" button receiver open then the "x" receiver icon above the receiver flashes if the QB has a high QB awareness.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Or you can try to increase Pass Reaction.......
It doesn't change much. The cpu still blitzes like crazy and you can just dump it off for huge gains.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-en
I just re-read the post I left last night. That was pretty harsh. My bad on that. I guess it was a frustration point. Definitely not towards the end users. Not one bit. More so, that we are all forced to be SO creative to have a good gaming experience. I love the game, but boy did it take a long time to get it right. I still find myself tweaking sliders every other game.

I think with the patches, especially the second one, we'll be happier campers.

kzdwfy - again, my bad on my initial harshness. Hopefully you can tell that it wasn't directed to you. Not even to EA - because I love the game. It's just a frusteration point that I was experiencing. I'm tired of messing with sliders. Just when I think I have them hard enough...I discover that their still too easy.

-peace
Don't worry about it. I only pay attention to half the people on here anyways...lol I understand everyone's points and for those who have difficulty passing, this thread was not made for you. I don't have too many problems with the passing game and for those who can make Tavaris Jackson or any other 2nd string Qb have a high completion pct. as Peyton then this thread is for you.

Also, this is why i wrote 2 ideas. For those that want to make it difficult for lower AWR Qbs to be successful (which is how this game should be) then these are proposed solutions as to how to do that... particularly idea #1 was devised for madden 2010 and below.

Idea #2, similar to the previous poster with the double tap scenario was another way to simulate the difference b/w a great and average QB. Average QBs clearly take longer to read a defense, so why not decrease the reaction time for him to pass to the receiver chosen by the user. This idea was a madden wishlist item for madden 2011

Just my 2 cents...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »