Home

2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

This is a discussion on 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

This thread is for those that find passing too easy on every level of Madden 10. Due to the top down approach for Madden, oftentimes we all can look at several different receivers at once and our reaction time to read defenses for blitzes is quicker. But, we all know in reality that the difference between a QB with good awareness and bad awareness is his speed in reading and reacting to the defense. Not only that, but most QBs can't see what is happening to all his receicers at one time so I propose a solution for playeers thatr like sim play right now and possibly for madden in the future.

Idea #1: You can do this now with Madden 10 or any other Madden:

QB with AWR of 79 or below: You can only choose 1 receiver to pass to before snap. If he is covered you can either throw to him or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to the same receiver (pocket passer or scrambler)

QB with AWR b/w 80 or 89: You can only choose 2 receiver to pass to before snap. If they are covered you can either throw to either or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to those chosen receivers (pocket passer or scrambler)

QB with AWR b/w 99 or 90: You can only choose up to 5 receivers to pass to before snap. If they are covered you can either throw to either or throw out of bounds (pocket passer) or run (scrambler) or run out of pocket and throw to those chosen receivers (pocket passer or scrambler)

Idea #2

Its all about reading defenses. Since we can look down upon a whole defense like "GOD" lol. Disadvantages for user controlled passer must be created.

QB with AWR of 79 or below: Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. .5 sec). This will hope to simulate the inability of an inexperienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

QB with b/w of 80 or 89 : Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. .2 sec). This will hope to simulate the ability of an experienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

QB with b/w of 90 or 99 : Once you choose a receiver to pass to and press the button of the corresponding receiver, delay the reaction of the quaterback to throw the ball by a certain amount of time (ex. None). This will hope to simulate the ability of an experienced quaterback to read defenses quickly.

Let me know what you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

kjataa00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2 Ideas to make passing more difficult

Horrible Ideas. EA needs to make the CPU call better plays and fix Man/Zone Coverage as well as WRs finding holes in the zones instead of running and standing next to a LB or something. The only reason passing is so easy is because the CPU is constantly blitzing and leaving the middle WIDE open. Making a handicap for players instead of fixing actual AI is not a fix.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

You might as well take all of the fun out of the game then.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

passing is what it is and will stay that way. I wish there was another way to go, but since they have to cater to the casuals 1st and foremost, what we have will be all that will ever be.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Or you can try to increase Pass Reaction.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Strategy

OVR: 36

I see where you are going here. But that sh*t is rediculous man. Not your ideas, per say, but the fact that we have try to be so damn creative, in order to make the game more life like and challenging.

I would simply just put the sliders way out of proportion than use your house rules. Because it would get too frusterating for me.

Hey, good ideas. I'm not blasting you. I see your vission here - its not you, its the game I guess.

I love the game...I finally have my sliders almost pertfected.

-peace
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Dude are you smoking something. Passing is hard enough already agaist the AI as it is. What make it impossible to pass at all. Bad idea.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-en
I see where you are going here. But that sh*t is rediculous man. Not your ideas, per say, but the fact that we have try to be so damn creative, in order to make the game more life like and challenging.

I would simply just put the sliders way out of proportion than use your house rules. Because it would get too frusterating for me.

Hey, good ideas. I'm not blasting you. I see your vission here - its not you, its the game I guess.

I love the game...I finally have my sliders almost pertfected.

-peace
I appreciate the reply. Its just a thought for those that believe passing is too easy, which at time I feel it is for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »