Home

Hows your franchise going?

This is a discussion on Hows your franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Hows your franchise going?

I decided to go with a fantasy draft this time around in my Ravens' franchise. My first overall pick was Patrick Willis, and he was a beast for me the first year. He ended up winning the Defensive Player of the Year.

110 TACK, 1 SACK, 7 INT, 6 FFUMB

Maurice Jones-Drew also won Running Back of the Year.

385 ATT, 1497 YARDS, 17 TD, 59 REC, 768 YARDS, 2 TD

I finished the second half of the first year strong and won five games in a row to end up with a 11-5 record, but I still failed to make the playoffs. The Patriots ended up winning the Super Bowl.

My first priority in the off-season was to draft a QB and replace that dread awful Daunte Culpepper. This guy couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from 10 yards out. I'll be glad to have this guy ride the pine for the remainder of his final year. Anyway, I ended up drafting a QB with the first overall pick by the name of Michael Bolt. He is rated a 74 overall with A potential and has 97 speed and 94 throw power. Luckily I ended up signing him to a 7-year contract.

I'm currently in my second year with a 2-1 record. The Steelers are leading the division at the moment with a 3-0 record. Michael Bolt has been a beast for me as expected. Davin Joseph (LG, 91 overall) is in his final year of his contract, and I'm thinking of trading him for a draft pick to avoid and free up cap space.

Last edited by dragon4ever; 09-08-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hows your franchise going?

97 speed qb??????? geeeeeee good thing hes not real.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncaholic#27
97 speed qb??????? geeeeeee good thing hes not real.
Yeah, and he also has 99 acceleration to boot. I think this guy is the love child of Michael Vick and Usain Bolt.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice writeup, did you play all the games?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Nice writeup, did you play all the games?
Thanks. Yes, I play all my games. Despite some of its flaws, Madden 2K10 is a fantastic game. First time in years where I don't have the desire to sim any games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm impressed you put up those stats with Willis. Seems like my linebackers never get more than 70 tackles.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Banned

I'm waiting on the patch/roster update to begin my Franchise. I've already completed one season of my NCAA Dynasty, exported the draft class to use in Madden. I just started my second season in NCAA and I won 17-10 with Alabama against Penn State.

Terrific game
Old 09-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I have had to start over a few times. I finally figured out they fixed the cap issues from last year, so using the draft is more of an essential part of getting my players.

I cant complain tho, i have gotten some gems in the later rounds, and overall my team is shaping out. I just finished a 6-10 season with Alex Smith leading my Broncos (got him for a 4th round pick) and he had a decent season. He threw for 3567 yrds, 28TDs and 12 INTs. During the draft i traded Smith and a 7th rounder to the Raiders for their first overall pick in the 4th round. I quickly spent that on a LB that was a 70 OVR, however had to much shock A potential. I walked out of that draft with a LE with B potenial, a first round CB that was a bust with F potential, another LB that i took in the 5th that had A potential, a 2nd round SS with C potential, a 3rd round WR with C potential, and a 6th round punter with B potential.

I am just hoping this time through i dont run out of money again. My last chise ended cause i had too many high priced players, and i was about $15 million in the hole. So far, i have had $30 million at the end of the last 2 off-seasons. I even let Champ Bailey test FA, that turned out to be a boneheaded move as he went to the Ravens.

Thanks to EA for making franchise more interesting by not being able to stock up on all the best players like you could in the past. I now have to get out a piece of paper and write down the positions i need help at, and stratagize(sp?) during the draft by trading up/down to get players i need.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »