Home

I really hate that there is no strategery involved in offline play

This is a discussion on I really hate that there is no strategery involved in offline play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I really hate that there is no strategery involved in offline play

Yes, don't you love it when you march up the field through the run, throw a play action at the goal line and they sack you right after you hand it off?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: I really hate that there is no strategery involved in offline play

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Do you remember madden 07 on the PS2?
  • Pre-season drills- Wasn't in depth but it did get the job done imo.
  • Position battles- This is what made playing pre-season possible. It was exciting to see who will win out at QB, WR, etc.
  • Progression/regression- After pre-season, week 5, week 11, week 17, and playoffs. I remember having a 1st round pick who was labled a bust because he regressed 6 points over a 3 year period (It was Brady Quinn lol)
  • Statistical analysis- I think this is forgotten. Remember you could scout different teams and their most commonly used offensive/defensive plays? They also scouted you as well so if you ran a certain play, they would read it effectively.
  • Gameplaning- Remember detailed scouting reports before each game of each player? Hell, your scouts even gave you a few plays that the opponents ran the most so you could hit them up in the practice field.
  • Player roles- IMO one of the best ideas in Madden history. I had a bust (1st rounder never made it to 83), feature back, distraction, fan favorite, injury prone, game manager, etc. This truly added a dimension to your franchise. If you had a bust, his value would decrease by 10% so it would be harder to trade. AMAZING!
I'm sure that I am missing a few things, but madden 07 is still one of the greatest games imho. The franchise kept you involved throughout the season with newspapers, radio (a bit overrated), etc. Please EA, bring some of this stuff back.
O how I miss those days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »