Home

Things I would like to see back in Madden......

This is a discussion on Things I would like to see back in Madden...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Things I would like to see back in Madden......

-Grass which can actually get lodged in the corner of a player's facemask after he sinks his head into the soil after a missed dive tackle. (2001)

-Line judges will hastily drop the line markers and move out of the way when players run out of bounds in their direction.(2001)

-Little extras like seeing the coaches and cheerleaders on the sidelines with ice chests and other players sitting on the bench really help give Madden 2002 a polished feel.(2002)

-As with any football game, the heart of Madden NFL 2003 is its franchise mode.(what ever happened to this way of thinking?)

-The commentary is improved over previous versions of Madden, thanks to the introduction of Monday Night Football commentator Al Michaels.(2003)(now just combine him with Chris Collinsworth)

-The owner mode gives you an entirely new perspective on the sport by portraying it as a business where you have to do everything in your power to ensure not only that the fans are happy, but also that you're making enough money to support the team and the stadium. If your team is doing well, then it won't be necessary to constantly adjust the prices of tickets (which are broken down according to the different sections in the stadium), merchandise (programs, hats, jerseys, bobble heads, and foam fingers), snacks (such as beer, soda, and popcorn), and parking. You can also decide how much money you want to spend on promoting the team through advertising, but that depletes your overall budget, which may make it difficult to go for a high-profile free agent in the off-season. If your team is performing poorly, compiling a losing record or missing the playoffs a number of years in a row, then fan support will wane, forcing you to constantly adjust prices in an effort to get the fans to come back. (2004)

-If you don't feel like dealing with the business side of the NFL, you can simply turn the owner mode off and the game will automatically change to a more standard franchise mode. However, there are some slight differences from last year's franchise mode. The training camp mode has been integrated into the franchise mode, and it now has a direct effect on players. For example, in the passing drills, you can select any quarterback on your roster, and if that quarterback happens to perform well in the drills, then you'll receive a certain number of points to upgrade that player's attributes.(2004)

-You can also give better pre-snap assignments to your defensive backs now. Individual presses and pullbacks on receivers can be performed, and you can also lock a corner on to a specific receiver, thus preventing mismatches.(2005) (one of my favs)

-There is also a new e-mail system that lets you read e-mails from your staff, players, and agents. Players will usually thank you for opportunities or complain when things aren't going their ways. Agents will basically do the same.(2005)

-Your players' morale is centered primarily around playing time versus ratings. If you've got a good player who is riding the bench, he'll quickly become despondent. Doing things like shifting player positions around can also adversely affect morale if a player doesn't want to be moved from his current position. Furthermore, losses of big-star players will pretty much bring your entire team into a funk if you aren't able to find a suitable replacement. Some players also just seem to have a natural tendency to become problem children, such as the always entertaining Terrell Owens and the periodically whiny Ty Law. Player personalities also play into contract negotiations, because sometimes teams will have certain intangibles that simply appeal more to a certain player, like preferable weather or a level of prestige that is just that much more attractive. All told, the storyline features seem to fairly accurately represent the sort of media hoopla and personality-driven drama that surrounds the NFL year after year, and though not everything it has to offer is super-useful, it's very cool nonetheless.(this is where EA could implement a feature where we could fine/suspend players for conduct)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Things I would like to see back in Madden......

Mods, please move to wishlist section. Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

1) Position Battles

2) Training Camp

3) Player's Draft Status

4) Everything the OP mentioned

I really wish they would've tried adding things we had last gen before they start focusing on new modes. My fear is that next year the focus will be primarily on online franchises and us offline guys will be forgotten. Although, Ian's recent post have me feeling a little better.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Give me back everything from last gen outside of create-a-fan(lol at who ever come up with that).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »