Home

Offline Franchise Stats Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Stats Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #49
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Offline Franchise Stats Tuning Update

Good work Josh Looman! The open communication and update is much needed and very welcome.

So understanding now that the sime engine is touchy and youve tweaked the passing TD'S, does that still mean that 10 qb's will have over 30 td passes and everyone else have over 20 (basically thats what I simmed the 2nd year of my franchise). The leaders numbers maybe accurate but how about everyone elses? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 9

Will we have to start our franchise over for these changes to come into affect?

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

The "tackles" news is good news

Now anything on adjusting the ai D play calling, so they don't all play like the '85 Bears? I know AdemB and others have made great strides, by controlling all 32 teams in Franchise mode, and adjusting D playcalling type. But this is an elaborate and convoluted way, of achieving what the cpu D should only really do in the first place!

The main gripe about it, is the ai constantly brings huge blitzes, and leaves the TE/ Slot receiver uncovered. It isn't the way many (do any in fact?) teams play, and a) makes the game far easier than it should be, and b) takes away any feel of playing against a certain defence type...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #52
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapp99
Im not sure if I understood it correctly, so can someone make it simple for me: After patch 2, will we have (close to) realistic simulated tackles and also correctly added own tackles?
examples: when (like in the screenshot) landry finished a game with 7 solo and 2 assistant tackles, will he have, after exiting the game, 9 tackles and 2 assistants (since the editing of a menu seems to be too hard/ long to do)? That would mean that he would have 9 tackles in his player page, too. I hope that I understood that right (would be good, because in my radiers franchise right now, morrison only has 71 tackles listed in his player page, althouhg with assistants, he actually has 110).

To simmed stats: Will there be olbs that can actually reach 100 tackles? Again the same: Will the number in the "tackles" column represent the total tackles (that would be good)? Then you only would have to have to bring down mlb solo tackles and we are ready to go!

Rest of the stats look really promising! Rsh Td can stay in the 18-20 area for league leaders imo, because we sometimes have guys who actually get 20+, so that is a good number imo.

Hope post is not too long and at least somewhat understandable
You will have close to realistic simulated tackles if all goes well.

Since the screen is not getting re-done, keep in mind that the total tackles stat outside of game is actually solo tackles.

I've seen a few OLBs get 100 tackles after some of the tuning. Like I said before, I'll keep working to make sure they are all as close as possible, but this is the hardest stat to tune by far (tackles and sacks). I'll do what I can within the timeframe I have.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
The "tackles" news is good news

Now anything on adjusting the ai D play calling, so they don't all play like the '85 Bears? I know AdemB and others have made great strides, by controlling all 32 teams in Franchise mode, and adjusting D playcalling type. But this is an elaborate and convoluted way, of achieving what the cpu D should only really do in the first place!

The main gripe about it, is the ai constantly brings huge blitzes, and leaves the TE/ Slot receiver uncovered. It isn't the way many (do any in fact?) teams play, and a) makes the game far easier than it should be, and b) takes away any feel of playing against a certain defence type...

All I'm personally tuning are offline franchise stats. Ian put up a FAQ regarding a lot of other questions.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
You will have close to realistic simulated tackles if all goes well.

Since the screen is not getting re-done, keep in mind that the total tackles stat outside of game is actually solo tackles.

I've seen a few OLBs get 100 tackles after some of the tuning. Like I said before, I'll keep working to make sure they are all as close as possible, but this is the hardest stat to tune by far (tackles and sacks). I'll do what I can within the timeframe I have.
ok, cool. Thank you very much and keep the good work up
Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #55
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Dude, Looman...we all love you man. What you did with HC last year was epic. I played the crap outta that game. But just answer this one question, cause I know you're avoiding it since it's been asked a bunch in this thread....Will we need to restart our Franchises? Maybe you don't know for sure, and thats why it hasnt been asnwered, but whats your guess? YOu're the guru...help us out.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Dude, Looman...we all love you man. What you did with HC last year was epic. I played the crap outta that game. But just answer this one question, cause I know you're avoiding it since it's been asked a bunch in this thread....Will we need to restart our Franchises? Maybe you don't know for sure, and thats why it hasnt been asnwered, but whats your guess? YOu're the guru...help us out.
I don't know for sure yet. As soon as I get confirmation, I'll let you guys know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »