Home

Poll... Is patch 2 worth downloading?

This is a discussion on Poll... Is patch 2 worth downloading? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Bottom line is it worth downloading this patch?
Yes... even with rediculous RB stats it is worth it 84 75.68%
No! It was better before this patch 27 24.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Poll... Is patch 2 worth downloading?

Bottom line is it worth downloading?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Poll... Is patch 2 worth downloading?

Yes. Try out my new sliders for post patch over at the slider forum and you'll get some really good results!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Yes. Try out my new sliders for post patch over at the slider forum and you'll get some really good results!
Please explain more. Well what I really need to know and have not seen much info on it, is the gameplay.

Has the gameplay improved? If so what aspect of the game?

Thank you in advance if you decide to answer.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have only played one game which was cowboys vs.packers, I won 20-14 against the packers. It seemed more fluid and the game feels tighter. With the Cowboys I got 7 sacks about 4 user controlled and 3 by the cpu.

For some reason man coverage seems to be better, cpu qb's miss targets when they are hit while throwing,(may have to raise QB acc.) and to me the blocking is better. Screen passes seem a little to effective though. Im gonna try to play around with sliders to see if I can correct this.

I simmed one season and passing stats were realistic, but there were a lot of players with 10+ sacks. Im gonna play around with coaching philosophies a bit and see if there is a difference.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 50

HECK YESSS. DOWNLOAD NOWWWW

It doesn't make Madden perfect (can anything?) but it does play better.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Please explain more. Well what I really need to know and have not seen much info on it, is the gameplay.

Has the gameplay improved? If so what aspect of the game?

Thank you in advance if you decide to answer.

Only had one game so far (will play another one soon), but it was a very defensive game the whole game. AI hit 13 passes to Marshall and Royal, but didn't run much. Didn't seem to be anything outlandish, aside from problems the patch wasn't even going to touch. Was nice to see the AI actually go to it's WR for a change. Usually it's just HB and dump offs most of the game.

I actually could feel like the Ravens' DBs sucked heh. Marshall did make 2 or 3 jumping catches - never saw that before.

I called Cover 2's to see how the flat CBs played and they did seem to stay in their areas.

I don't think the gameplay got worse and it did seem a lot smoother/crisper in terms of how fluid it was.

Pass protection seems better on both sides. Only got two sacks on the CPU (1 user) but it wasn't because of the lame duck last-second throws.

Again, could have just been one of those games, but the defenses both seemed to at least be more reactive without it teleporting the guys around, etc.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-04-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

It is. But it really hasn't changed the game that much.
Frankly, it's just as boring now as it was before patch 2.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking0325
I have only played one game which was cowboys vs.packers, I won 20-14 against the packers. It seemed more fluid and the game feels tighter. With the Cowboys I got 7 sacks about 4 user controlled and 3 by the cpu.

For some reason man coverage seems to be better, cpu qb's miss targets when they are hit while throwing,(may have to raise QB acc.) and to me the blocking is better. Screen passes seem a little to effective though. Im gonna try to play around with sliders to see if I can correct this.

I simmed one season and passing stats were realistic, but there were a lot of players with 10+ sacks. Im gonna play around with coaching philosophies a bit and see if there is a difference.
Thanks for the brakedown. This is what I wanted to read. I know this is for the PS3 version but im sure both patches will effect the game the same. Sounds good so far, if you dont mind give us some more input after a few more games, and dont worry about stats. I dont really focus on that I just focus on gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
HECK YESSS. DOWNLOAD NOWWWW

It doesn't make Madden perfect (can anything?) but it does play better.
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I'm not looking for perfection by any means. I know this is just a video game. I just want a good NFL experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Only had one game so far (will play another one soon), but it was a very defensive game the whole game. AI hit 13 passes to Marshall and Royal, but didn't run much. Didn't seem to be anything outlandish, aside from problems the patch wasn't even going to touch. Was nice to see the AI actually go to it's WR for a change. Usually it's just HB and dump offs most of the game.

I actually could feel like the Ravens' DBs sucked heh. Marshall did make 2 or 3 jumping catches - never saw that before.

I called Cover 2's to see how the flat CBs played and they did seem to stay in their areas.

I don't think the gameplay got worse and it did seem a lot smoother/crisper in terms of how fluid it was.

Pass protection seems better on both sides. Only got two sacks on the CPU (1 user) but it wasn't because of the lame duck last-second throws.

Again, could have just been one of those games, but the defenses both seemed to at least be more reactive without it teleporting the guys around, etc.
Sounds good, yea if you don't mind more info when you get a few more games in would be great.

Thank you for your time, and enjoy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »