Home

EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

This is a discussion on EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

a lot of this detailed info. including the memo is on the ERTS corporate website. my last post referred to total sales.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Remember when the gamespot review I believe came out and the guy said how the game has a lot of the same old issues and most said the guy was a moron? Just as what usually happens, a month or so after release we see the game wasn't what we thought at first

Yep--It's become a yearly ritual. Funny thing is, smart people seem to fall for the hype every year.

I seriously don’t get it.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Can anyone really be surprised? Out of box all we have is a terribly flawed game that is virtually unplayable to most people. You have to wait 2-3 months before the game is even in working condition. In these tough economic times people are not going to purchase something that is $60 to have it collect dust for 60-90 days. Most people would just wait. I think you see a little of that here, I know next year I plan to implement the "wait and see" strategy. Competition breeds better quality and once EA figures out that cornering the Football video game industry is not in anyone's best interest, we will all be much better off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

In before the "It's the economy" excuse...

Honestly - people are sick and tired of paying $60 a YEAR for essentially the same game.

Sports games should be cheaper then other games for several reasons, but the main reason being that the development time of other games WARRANT a $60 price tag. Other big games are developed over 2 or 3 years.

Sports games are yearly releases and spending 10 months a year on a game does not demand or even warrant a $60 price tag.

Not too mention that NEW money they are getting from in-game advertising pop-ups and banners. You'd think that would help keep the price tag down. lol - yea right. That money goes RIGHT into EA's pocket. So not only is Madden now an electronic billboard, but we are still paying full price for the shamless advertising.

EA needs to drop the prices of it's yearly sports games to $39.99 and stop wasting so much money on advertising - the people who want these games know where to get them.

Stop screwing customers. Period.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 09-10-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have not touched the game since about a week into it...Waiting for a patch to make it playable, especially in franchise
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Guess what. it still was the best selling game in august.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauk
I have not touched the game since about a week into it...Waiting for a patch to make it playable, especially in franchise
Same here.

For the first few days, I really did like it. It is definitely better than the previous next gen Maddens, but thats not enough.

I hope sales continue to gp down and EA loses the license. Thats the only hope for the future of videogame football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

this is another case of the short sighted businessman. quarterly profits matter, the long term doesn't because i may be gone anyway.

a few years back one of the big three auto gms actually said something along the lines that the higher gas prices and the move to electric cars caught the off guard. they were riding the large scale SUV train into the ground and now they are really in trouble.

this is the exact same thing. yet, these guys really thought they were invincible and the audience was too dumb to figure it out. there are too many games that are well made to waste time with poorly made ones.

i just put a bunch of games on ebay because there are new games coming out that will simply be better. there are even used games under $15.00 i could spend a lot more time on than poorly built ones.

i did the sports illustrated thing. this game needs a serious patch to make it worth it. i like some stuff and feel it CAN be good to great, but it just isn't the complete game experience gobs of other games are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »