Home

EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

This is a discussion on EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #201
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It didnt run like crap, it was still in the 30 fps thing that all sports games were dealing with. what 2k patched in 2K8 was the running backs being a bit to powerful, FG glitch and auto strafe. I have both versions of the game and when i go through the red ring of death i play the ps3 version. As with all multi plat games, 360's looks more vibrant, thats the only real noticeable issues imo. Ooh and that stupid six axis crap.
Yes it did run like junk on the ps3 30fps and 60fps on x360.... And like i said they left all ps3 users out in the cold.........with no patch.. Don't get it twisted i payed $65.00 for it the day it came out and loved the gameplay ......I'm just playing devils advocate..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #202
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not a bad article by Pasta.
Anything I write here gets me banned at OS.

Last edited by dave374; 09-15-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:43 AM   #203
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I read some of the replies to this thread and noticed that some of the posters are hoping that Madden sales will continue to decline so that the NFL will resind the exclusive License agreement and that the 2K series will come back.

Well first thing is first, I agree that there are issues with this game and ea does test their product but with any project, time runs out. There was a program just before the shipping of Madden 07 released showing the process, the testers play the game and write down the glitches that they discover and turn them into QA to be reviewed and then sent to the programmers, once the issue is handled then the tester receives a reply stating that the issue has been fixed and is crossed off.
As the shipping date approches some of the QA issues are not taken care of because of the time that is needed to get program downloaded to a master disc.

With everything that has come up with this years game there is just not enough time too address all of the issues, so that is why the add a patch, this game is shipped every year and too many people look forward to it.
As far as 2K series I would like to see it come back, but here is the problem
John Madden himself is so respected and recognized around the league.
NFL players speak highly about the game and they do get great reviews every year.
John Madden is now a special spokemen and has the commissioners ear.

The NFL gave madden exclusive rights because of the man himself, ea pays the nfl players association and the league itself to use it's likeness.

Madden football was recognized for years 2K football could not compete due to the name and respect the nfl has to it's favorite coach and color analyst.

The game may stink in some people opinion and there are some who think this game is awesome and are not aware of some of the issues that we see that make the game unplayable.

We can talk about 2k nfl football until we are blue in the face, but it is not in production and will not be in the forseeable future.

Only a change of heart from the NFL itself will change anything.

Madden football represents the NFL wether we like it or not period.
Having John Madden's name on the cover has absolutely NOTHING to do with the exclusive deal struck between EA and the NFL...it is about money, nothing more! EA approached the NFL for 3 years trying to buy exclusive rights to the license, before they made such an astronomical offer that the NFL would have been idiots to refuse. EA KNEW there was no other company out there (cough*2k*cough) that could possibly outbid their offer to the NFL.

It was, for both the NFL and EA, all about money. The NFL made a trainload selling the license (much more than they were making with the license "open" as in previous years) and EA eliminated all competition, therefore ensuring they would sell more copies than in previous years, and not having to put forth the money it would have cost to innovate and make a really good game. The only ones that lost in this deal is us, the gamers.

But, I digress....it has ZERO to do with John Madden having his name on the game.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #204
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I can't believe you went there, bias against EA really?

This is the same company producing great quality sports games in the FIFA & NHL series, heck even Live is about to be close to being in the quality of these two series.

Madden just keeps having it's share of problems.

I see no bias at all, when most people aren't concerned what company makes the game, we(most people) just want the game to reflect real football, be playable and not have so many problems that kills the game.
This is so true, and yes it does look like Live is going to be a solid sports game. The demo was nice.

I have not bought Madden for 5yrs now, but like he said it's only because the quality and the representation of the game/sport is poorly done. I could care less who makes the game just make it solid and I will buy it with no problem.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #205
Rookie

OVR: 5

i just want a game where I don't have to wait 3 months to play it after dropping 60 dollars.

Franchise again is BROKEN this year like it has for the past 5 years......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #206
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
Someone hit the nail on the head.

As soon as I read this report, I became convinced that EA will now over react and move away from the correct direction the franchise is heading too. I think we can all expect madden 11 to be loud, obnoxious, arcade-like and total crap.
Weren't madden 06,07,08 and 09 like that ? I doubt they'll go back in that direction. Those games are the reason why sales are going down the crapper. Madden 10 is good game ; however, in my opinion, madden 10 is more so a series of corrections rather than innovations.

Most of the new features, whether you feel they're implemented correctly or not, serve to correct issues in the game. They're not innovations. The pocket isn't an innovation, it's correction of oline dline play. Passing, whether we're talking about the speed of the ball, accuracy on the run, ratings for short medium and deep passes are corrections to the passing game. Adaptive AI is ment merely to stop money plays; that's a correction, not innovation. Stretching out the ratings to make them matter more, is a correction, it's not innovation.

With acception of Pro-tak and fight for the fumble, all of the other features in the game serve as corrections ; maybe the features don't correct everything to everyone's liking, but the purpose of these features with the exception of pro-tak and fight for the fumble are meant to correct issues in the game. There's nothing that adds a new demension of realism to the game ; there's really nothing significant in Madden 10 that wasn't in the original Xbox or PS2.

Last edited by Dmacho; 09-21-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #207
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Does anyone have updated figures since the patches have come out? It should be interesting to see whether the patches helped resolved the initial issues people had, and if the patches have affected if the game sold more or not since then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 4
doubt it. Unless someone here went to school to learn how to make video games. If not, our version would just be a pipe dream. Plus so many people cry about not replicating the fans point of view as if they were sitting in the stands themselves, that and lengthy haltime and post game report, that there be no room left for the actual gameplay on the disc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »