Home

EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

This is a discussion on EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

http://kotaku.com/5356597/ea-boss-do...adden-10-sales

Well, this is what happens when there is no innovation in the game. Pro Tak is great, but what else is there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA Boss Not Happy With Madden Sales....

LoL fire all those dude with their degrees and get some true die-hard football fans from here, I think we could do a better job of presenting a "true"madden.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
http://kotaku.com/5356597/ea-boss-do...adden-10-sales

Well, this is what happens when there is no innovation in the game. Pro Tak is great, but what else is there?

The article mentions game sales being down across the board. However, I’ve read the exact opposite; that game sales were level with the last few years while Madden has decreased.

Could anyone in the know shed some light on this—I’m curious as to which is true.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

All sales are down, and Madden got caught up in the trend. With people being a bit more picky with their purchases this year, it's easy to understand how a yearly franchise like madden gets passed over for a new experience.

I don't really think you can say that a dip in sales from last year is a result of game quality.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
The article mentions game sales being down across the board. However, I’ve read the exact opposite; that game sales were level with the last few years while Madden has decreased.

Could anyone in the know shed some light on this—I’m curious as to which is true.
well it's estimated that EA generated $170 million in sales for the month of august, up 59% from last month and down 15%
compared to last August. madden 10 estimates are 1.95 million units sold which would be down 15% from last year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Remember when the gamespot review I believe came out and the guy said how the game has a lot of the same old issues and most said the guy was a moron? Just as what usually happens, a month or so after release we see the game wasn't what we thought at first
Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
All sales are down, and Madden got caught up in the trend. With people being a bit more picky with their purchases this year, it's easy to understand how a yearly franchise like madden gets passed over for a new experience.

I don't really think you can say that a dip in sales from last year is a result of game quality.
All sales are not down. Look at Batman AA, it's selling like hot cakes. I think you're right though about people being more picky. I think the differences from year to year in Madden are not great enough to warrant a purchase every year from a casual fan. Thus you have a dip in sales.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Remember when the gamespot review I believe came out and the guy said how the game has a lot of the same old issues and most said the guy was a moron? Just as what usually happens, a month or so after release we see the game wasn't what we thought at first
I think this is part of the problem as well. Everybody can't get a patch so they're stuck with the default rosters and the default bugs. Just imagine that. You probably wouldn't buy Madden every year either if you were stuck with Madden 09 without a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »