Home

The CURSE?!?!?

This is a discussion on The CURSE?!?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: The CURSE?!?!?

If troy is back quickly, i will be surprised. But sometimes injuries that look the worst, dont always pan out to be long term. We will see. Pitt has 10 days til their next game.

I think he will be out a few weeks though. He was walking on his own power, but was really cautious going up the stairs to the locker room...really cautious. He is such a HUGE part of that D.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #58
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I dont know, I did a custom cover with Kyle Orton, the curse seems to have effected him as well.

I single handedly managed to get him hurt simply by creating a cover with him
Good to know!

[Goes off to create custom Packer cover before Sunday night]

Old 09-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #59

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Good to know!

[Goes off to create custom Packer cover before Sunday night]
Trust me it works, I had a great Broncos custom cover of Jay Cutler all made up for this year, we all know how that worked out
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #60
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Trust me it works, I had a great Broncos custom cover of Jay Cutler all made up for this year, we all know how that worked out
Lol, the Kehlis curse... scary stuff.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Madden did me such a favor this year. After ending Shaun Alexander's career, practically, he gave me a two for. TP43 from the Steelers (one of my favorite teams to hate), and Fitzgerald (from our nemisis in our division).

BTW, Some of you guys need to get a sense of humor. The Madden curse is as real as the old Boston Curse, the Cubs curse and whatever else is out there.

Maybe if somebody can get all the games together (since they started using cover athletes) and burn them at the same time it will take away the curse. Just wait until after Fitz goes down!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Yeah, a string of players who have missed games due to injury before or have only played one year or less and shaun alexander get hurt and miss games and farve who had been hurt before but never missed any games gets hurt again and doesn't miss any games. You have to really want to see it for it to be there.
In my observation, the curse or pattern(whatever you want to call it) started in 2002 with Culpepper. The players on the cover before that didn't get hurt ; some did, some didn't, so I can't really include them in the curse.

Since Culpepper, every player has suffered in injury that has caused them to miss a game, with the exception of favre, who should've missed games due to his injury. It almost ended his career ; the media was talking about it all summer. It was a significant injury.

Football is a rough sport ; players often suffer injuries. Players also go through seasons and remain relatively healthy. Starting with Culpepper, no player that has appeared on the cover of madden, has been able to remain healthy for an entire season.

Until that happens, no one will convince me that the madden curse doesn't exist.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's bound to happen with a 50/50 chance this year.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
In my observation, the curse or pattern(whatever you want to call it) started in 2002 with Culpepper. The players on the cover before that didn't get hurt ; some did, some didn't, so I can't really include them in the curse.

Since Culpepper, every player has suffered in injury that has caused them to miss a game, with the exception of favre, who should've missed games due to his injury. It almost ended his career ; the media was talking about it all summer. It was a significant injury.

Football is a rough sport ; players often suffer injuries. Players also go through seasons and remain relatively healthy. Starting with Culpepper, no player that has appeared on the cover of madden, has been able to remain healthy for an entire season.

Until that happens, no one will convince me that the madden curse doesn't exist.
This is the problem with the "curse" chasers.

Rules will always be bent in order to fit in with the curse.

So even though Favre didn't miss any time last year, you say since he did get hurt the curse still affected him? Really?

If we are going to include players that play hurt into this "curse" then you might as well not worry about it because I'm willing to bet 99% of all football players play hurt at some time throughout the year.

Heck, I heard Fitzgerald will be playing Sunday even though he stubbed his toe last night. Curse lives on!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »