Home

Collinsworth and Michaels

This is a discussion on Collinsworth and Michaels within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Collinsworth and Michaels

I dont know why Tom Hammond is in the game... i know he does the Notre Dame games on nbc, but i dont see him ever announcing an NFL game.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Serenity Now!

Random Hero's Arena

OVR: 5

Al Michaels NEEDS to be put in the game. That would make the commentary ten times better just by doing that.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

No take out Collinsworth. He pretty much ruined the steelers game for me. I dont know if its because hes so annoying or the sound of his voice but I just do not like the guy. Al Michaels is good though or Mike Tirico.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
I'm liking them as a duo. C'MON EA! Let's get Michaels in there for Madden '11!

Any other thoughts on them as a duo?
commentary is one of the bigger downfalls of madden this year to me personally..although i can live with it and im not gonna whine like a friggen baby about it like some do in here with other things they dont like about madden...i will say that the commentary needs redone from ground up next year. It sticks out like a sore thumb imho. Collinsworth is good, but hammond NEEDS TO GO...

Ian, i sure hope you see this bud, its a weaklink in the nice presentation in madden this year. One of the biggest impacts of a presentation element in ANY sports game is the play by play..its either gonna make the game much more exciting or its gonna make the game feel bad..in this case, its a weird case..while part of the commentary isnt bad "collinsworth"..the other half is terrible...so even though it dont ruin the game ..it hampers it a great deal....again, we come back to how important "flow" is to a football game.

Too bad there isnt a DLC commentary pak for M10 this year..i'd be more then willing to spend 20 bucks on it

Last edited by Moegames; 09-11-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
Rookie

alcoholicstepfather's Arena

OVR: 3

I just got this game yesterday and haven't had much of a chance to play it yet. However, listening to Collinsworth call ANY football game wishes I was deaf. It literally makes me wish I loss the sense of hearing. Collinsworth is just a HORRIBLE announcer. It's another one of those things where they replace a legend with some guy off the street. They would've been better off getting Brian Griese, at least he has experience in sucking while trying to replace a legend.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

this is another case of sounds of the NFL really. When i watch a game this is what i hear the commentators. I like collinsworth and Al Michaels for me he is the voice of the NFL most of the games i ever get to see he is commentating on. I have MLB 09 and some of the commentating on that makes your jaw drop and i heard 2k9 is better. They have little facts about players or stadiums or cities which make it feel like a real game. Also their analysis at the start on who they think will have an impact and why. They have facts from 4 years ago about players lol. If Madden ever got as good as that this game soundwise would nearly be perfect. Just get the stadium specific sounds and its set
Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anybody other than Tom Hammond he is like a terminator when he talks! I have always been a fan of al Michaels he is one of the best play by play annoucers in the history of the sport. Chris and Al for madden 11 I am all in!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #16
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
I'm liking them as a duo. C'MON EA! Let's get Michaels in there for Madden '11!

Any other thoughts on them as a duo?
I thought that last night too... Would be a nice change and MUCH better than Hammond.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »