Home

Is madden playable for you?

This is a discussion on Is madden playable for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is madden playable for you?
Yes, I love madden and couldn't ask for more. 89 42.79%
No, Another wasted 60 bucks 41 19.71%
I will still play it but it sometimes frustrates me to the point where i throw controllers 78 37.50%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Is madden playable for you?

Yes its playable, but the downfield passing game is really getting me angry.

What in the world do I need to do, In order to complete a pass downfield, outside of the hashes?

Defense for me is getting boring, because all I have to do against people, in most defensive formations, is show blitz, and audible my zone coverage LBs and safeties to the middle of the field, because I do not have a care in the world about getting beat along the perimeter.

I do not feel like I have to defend the entire field.

Ive pretty much given up on user control of a S, or LB. This used to be my staple, but I do not trust the defensive line, and I feel like I'm controlling a hockey player, when I user control a defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
With the way some of you guys complain, I wonder how you've ever enjoyed a Madden game this gen.
Fixed. And...we haven't.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

I have not ran into any issues that make me crazy or let alone stop playing the game. I have been playing and enjoying this game nonstop since the demo. It is awesome, and people shouldn't let the complaints keep them from enjoying the game.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #28
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not a Madden fan at all, just a football fan so I play it for that soul reason. The game is okay but I have problems with it being slow. I think the Slowness is actually great but it seems as if they just said were going to make everything on the field slow. Jay Cutler doesn't seem to have that rocket in the game. Nobody really does. when we play with a Qb that has in arm we should be able to see it. One thing that is KILLING the game is, the over the shoulder catch, I replace the dreaded spin catch and now happens just as much as the spin catch did in previous Maddens.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #29
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yes, it's playable for me. I only play once a week, so the boredom factor isn't there.

I don't play online, so I avoid the cheesers.

It has glitches, but to me, they're not gamebreakers. I really don't study stats that much. I don't care that a CB isn't on the right side of a receiver. I really don't care that a WR's stance is on the wrong foot. And so on..

The game is fun for this 41-year-old married man.After the two patches, if they fix all that's promised, this game will be great.

My $02.

My thoughts as well i'm considered a cheeser so I will never play madden or any other sports game (Except NCAA) online again. I'm playing this along with ncaa and hc'09

Last edited by canes2008; 09-11-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's not a bad game.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Is madden playable for me? Oh very much so. Great game this year. I'll be moving on to my second franchise here soon. I'm on my second dynasty in NCAA now, so once its complete, I'll export the draft class and start Madden again.

Its a vicious cycle for me, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not playable (not fun anyways) with the huge disparity in passing difficulty; it is far easier to pass to flats/drag/crossing/follow routes while curls/corner/etc... are extremely difficult. This problem completely distorts the realisim of gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »