Home

Is madden playable for you?

This is a discussion on Is madden playable for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is madden playable for you?
Yes, I love madden and couldn't ask for more. 89 42.79%
No, Another wasted 60 bucks 41 19.71%
I will still play it but it sometimes frustrates me to the point where i throw controllers 78 37.50%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #41
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is madden playable for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzfan2000

I would play madden online on the ps2 and when I loss it was usually because my opponent was better than me and I would almost always want to run it right back because I felt I could pull it out next time. Now when I lose I usually feel its because this game just sucks. I control defenders and they dont go for interceptions when I tell them to. Man defense sucks, oline blocking is horrible, pursuit angles are horrible, I call zones and defenders wont be in their zone. I never had these issues on the ps2. Sure we had the juke glitch and the quick pass glitch and in 04 you had to be a guru to stop Vick from running all over the place, but these things could be overcome and the fundamentals of those games were solid. Defenders played their zones correctly, Man defense was infinitely better than it is now, the oline blocked competently, you actually wanted to control linebackers and safeties because of how responsive the controls were, the pursuit angle werent god awful (at least from 05-07). If my opponent shut down my running game it was because he played solid defense. I played my friend online last night and I was trying to run out of the singleback big formation against his cover 3 quarters defense and I was still getting stuffed for no gain or a 1-2 yard gain because of the ******** blocking in this game.
That pretty much sums up the way my friends and I feel about the game. I actually still enjoy it online right now but that is only because my standards are so low from the last 3 years. If I had just switched over from ps2 this year I would probably hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

The way you worded the poll was so stupid.

Yes, I love Madden and couldn't ask for more????

Grow the F up.

Yes, I still play and like Madden. I know it's not perfect, but it is what it is.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:15 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I must have one of the only working copies of Madden, because probably 85 percent of the whiney complaints haven't reared their heads for me. *shrug*
Old 09-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this is the best next gen madden and love playing it, but that said it does get frustrating, but I really think thats just me not liking when someone or the cpu outplays me :P
Old 09-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
The way you worded the poll was so stupid.

Yes, I love Madden and couldn't ask for more????

Grow the F up.

Yes, I still play and like Madden. I know it's not perfect, but it is what it is.
wow calm down its just a poll if u dont want to vote dont vote, "grow the F up" was there any need for that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
It was worded poorly. That's why I refuse to vote, because I sure as hell don't love it but I don't throw controllers either.

I've played about 25 games in my limited gaming time. I played four games of Madden 09 before jettisoning that historic P.O.S.
Offline franchise with a couple friends was the only thing that kept me playing Madden 09... This year, online franchise is taking up most of my time, but vs. CPU is definitely playable. I'm enjoying this game a lot more than any since 2005. If they patch a few of the AI issues, I could see myself playing this one for a long time.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Tell em why you mad mayne.....How much did you lose by, lol?

Well there is the damn problem right there. I cant lose I have tried silders and everything but every game is me blowing out the team, and Im not even that good. Thats why it is so boring this year its way too damn easy and just overall not fun.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #48
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i spend more time testing and editing than actually playing...

top three reasons why this game is unplayable for me

1. Qb pass to backups more than their star WR, every QB is tom brady and run a slot Wr offense

2. Db's get some kinda boost and catch the WR on streak plays CHEAp, playing man coverage with their backs turned

3. 3RD & LONG and the qb passes a 4 yd route curl to their best player its stupid

where is the adaptive AI

where is the " procedural awareness"" on man coverage

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »