Home

Madden needs a new throwing system

This is a discussion on Madden needs a new throwing system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden needs a new throwing system

madden needs a new engine. They should buy the 2k engine.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 36

I just want to differetiate a QBs read a defense. Stafford may be as skilled as an elite QB but he can't read the defense like Peyton.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThaBest
madden needs a new engine. They should buy the 2k engine.
How does this trolling help the good ideas that have come up in this thread. OOOPPPs, I see...September 2009 joined, enough said.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

Madden's passing can become a very strategic arsenal instead of just using one button to throw the ball.

Ideas:

Bullet Passing: Holding down on a button, then releasing it

Lob: Tapping the button

Read and Lead type controls, using the analog stick to direct where you want to throw the ball - whether behind, infront or ahead of the reciever.

So if a reciever is running a slant across the middle and i want to throw a bullet behind him (not that i would), i would hold X and with my left thumb flick the L3 button to the left and the bullet would fly behind him.

Or a high lob for a jump ball, hold up on the L3 analog stick and tap X. if you just tap X, it would be a standard lob.

Pump Fake: press the button that corresponds with the reciever and press L3.

Throw Away Ball: just pressing L3 by itself.

Move/Run with the QB: Shuffle would require R3 analog stick, sprinting would require pressing in R3. make it harder

Standard Pass: without using the analog and you just press X, it would be ideal for throwing to the flats or to in-routes or routes that are less than 10 yards away from the LOS.

Shovel Pass: holding down L3 and tapping the X button.

throwing the ball should involve a lot of mechanics. the quarterback should have more control on where the ball is placed.

get rid of the Awareness rating and adapt "Composure"... composure could be apart of this passing if the QB is hurried and how it would disrupt a pass.

also: the idea of using the right analog stick to run with the QB is genius. unless you're left handed or something, it will be tricky. putting something like this for the Wild Cat would rid of a lot of cheese, it will take a lot of time adjusting to run using your right thumb.

my 2K Cents

Last edited by 2Koalition; 09-13-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 19

3 words.....

route

based

passing

Madden will always be cheesy until then. And the OL/DL interaction needs the overhauling of a life time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

when passing the right stick should be able to control be control all 16 or more directions, offcourse this has to be done during passing animation similar how lead passing work.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

the analog stick should be the route based passing. to lead that reciever on, you must point the analog in that direction. if he is running a slant across the middle, i would want to press X and L3 to throw the ball ahead of him. this is much better than pressing the X button and letting the ball lead. it gives it more strategic importance. i think the X button should be a throw to the reciever, but using the analog it would then become route based passing.

you agree?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

How about a double tap vison cone thing. You select the reciever and again to throw, if you hit a different button it will be not so accurate as if you wernt even watching the reciever. Just an idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »