Home

where to start rebuilding a franchise

This is a discussion on where to start rebuilding a franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
where to start rebuilding a franchise

Where do you guys like to start when rebuilding a franchise in need of retooling (St. Louis, SF, Miami, etc.) I love doing SF, but they have so many needs on both sides of the ball, but a few strengths, I am not sure whether to just build on the team's strength's or to shore up the terribly weak ends of the squad.

Example... SF: Very strong in RB and MLB, and shows some potential at WR and TE. Everything else is a wash on the team and after simming the first year of franchise, they have a TON of resignings available... perfect time to wash out the scrubs or hold on to them and keep my chips for later acquisitions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: where to start rebuilding a franchise

I think a team like SF or STL or OAK are too easy!

Try taking on the Seahawks or something. They really lack in talent, and they overpay every schmuck on their roster.

SF/STL/Oak are like starting at the bottom of the mountain, a team like Seattle is like starting in a 1000 foot ditch below the mountain because you've got so much overpaid dead weight and not a ton of good youngs.

Detroit's a good one too, they have a 3-4 great up and comers, but the other 50 are garbage.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaturne
Where do you guys like to start when rebuilding a franchise in need of retooling (St. Louis, SF, Miami, etc.) I love doing SF, but they have so many needs on both sides of the ball, but a few strengths, I am not sure whether to just build on the team's strength's or to shore up the terribly weak ends of the squad.

Example... SF: Very strong in RB and MLB, and shows some potential at WR and TE. Everything else is a wash on the team and after simming the first year of franchise, they have a TON of resignings available... perfect time to wash out the scrubs or hold on to them and keep my chips for later acquisitions.
Thanks, you just made my decision easy. I'm going with SF to rebuild.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Another thing you can do which could be fun. Using a team like the Chargers, you can trade away lots of stars (LT, Merriman, Phillips, Rivers, Jackson, Chambers etc etc) and get a lot of young guys and basically revamp the whole team and give them a new look.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Another thing you can do which could be fun. Using a team like the Chargers, you can trade away lots of stars (LT, Merriman, Phillips, Rivers, Jackson, Chambers etc etc) and get a lot of young guys and basically revamp the whole team and give them a new look.

Thats what i usually do. smart drafting can make you back to 92ovr in just a couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I can only do one franchise per year that way, it's just too unrealistic.

I build strictly though FA and draft and limit myself to 1 trade per year usually.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I too can only do one at a time. I don't like to toss out my entire squad; instead, I only look to use FA and the draft to make moves. I try to make one trade immediately before the draft.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Strategy

OVR: 36

To me, the more need the more fun. The game is pretty easy, even with hardend slider adjustments. This at least gives you a couple of years of competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »