Home

Next wave of consoles=killing all progress?

This is a discussion on Next wave of consoles=killing all progress? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Next wave of consoles=killing all progress?

Well, I'll say it up front, I haven't really looked into when the next hardware/console wave will hit us (anyone familiar?).

With that being said, I'm slightly worried that once the new systems come out, we're going to go through the same thing ALL over again. Just when Madden is starting to hit its stride.

I think last gen, we had a total of 6 iterations of Madden before the 360 and Ps3 dropped. If I'm not mistaken, 2011 is going to be the 6th title correct?

If things go as usual that means we have probably about 2 more Maddens (2011 and 2012) to play in this generation of systems, then the devs are going to have to start over again

Maybe, once this happens, they'll do a better drop at making the transition over to the new hardware, or maybe I'm just paranoid and looking a little too far aheah huh, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Next wave of consoles=killing all progress?

Well, I don't think it's all necessarily a transition thing. I believe it actually has more to do with the talent (or lack there of) behind the game. For the game to have so many of the same problems since 06, and now we get...."branching animations". I mean, who makes a football game, based on real life, and allows the DB's to hang in the air, go for the ball, AND adjust to make a tackle?!! Just because these developers have the job doesn't mean their the best at what they do. Unless you consider making a game as far from reality as possible what they do.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Or they'll probably just port over PS3/XBOX 360 to the PS4 and XBOX whatever, improve the graphics, and voila, Madden 13.....
Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

I really think the next generation of madden (and next-gen consoles) are really not going to be released until quite a few years. It feels a lot more different this time around (meaning I believe this generation of consoles will last longer than the previous generations of consoles) because absolutely no news has been released describing any new consoles coming out soon. It seems like the focus is just to add new hardware to the consoles (Project Natal, PlayStation Motion Controller) So I don't think you have to worry about the problems of next-gen madden just yet.

And plus, usually new consoles are planned into development once the companies realize that they can create a console that's capable of producing much more beautiful graphics than its predecessor. And I don't think the future technology have reached that point yet.

Last edited by ThePPL; 09-12-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

There is still alot of power in the current machines that is untapped imo.

I mean games are getting bigger, looking better all the time (top end anyway).... I dont think we have hit the limit yet.

Someone with more knowledge in the console market than me could confirm this, but are Sony still making a loss per unit sold? Or have they now gone into profit on hardware?

Sony at least will want the PS3 to last alot longer.... MS will milk the 360 for as long as they can to (As someone said, the new pieces of hardware, option to install games to HDD, bigger HDDs with consoles etc)

As for Madden, im no expert in its development - but it seems unless they do a total re-write, then we will always have the same problems plaguing the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

This is a very good question.

You'd think a few lessons were learned about this transition from current to new systems. If not by the game developers...by me then anyway. I doubt very highly I'll make the same mistake twice by jumping in right away. I've learned my lesson to let the bugs get worked out of the systems...and games.

I would think that just like this last transition, sport games will continue to be developed for the PS3/360 for a number of years after the PS4/720 hit the shelves. I'm pretty sure of one thing...I have no plans of spending $600-700 or whatever, to go five years backward....again. Great graphics just aren't worth little to poor content.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
I really think the next generation of madden (and next-gen consoles) are really not going to be released until quite a few years. It feels a lot more different this time around (meaning I believe this generation of consoles will last longer than the previous generations of consoles) because absolutely no news has been released describing any new consoles coming out soon. It seems like the focus is just to add new hardware to the consoles (Project Natal, PlayStation Motion Controller) So I don't think you have to worry about the problems of next-gen madden just yet.

And plus, usually new consoles are planned into development once the companies realize that they can create a console that's capable of producing much more beautiful graphics than its predecessor. And I don't think the future technology have reached that point yet.
Project Natal is ****ing cool!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

As long as Madden is Madden, all the technology in the world is not going to make a bit of difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »