Home

Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hide Ratings and Potential in Franchise Mode

It's the right way to go, but the game engine isn't up to it yet. Currently you would think all RTs are poor, most LEs are better than REs and any player who lines up as a slot receiver is better than the player lining up in the wide receiver spot.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

this is an option in the 2K A+ to F-. it works great. your scouts have a degree of error depending on their scouting ratings. it is awesome and more true to real life. it has been around since the previous gen.

in CH last gen, i found a 4 star who graded well but was over-rated. he was solid but never lived up to his stars. while my 3 star small forward went to the nba.

in the last nba, the grades are relative to the position. if your PF is high rated in 3Pt shots, it is high rated for a PF not necassarily for tops in the league. his grade could be an A- but his actual 3pt rating might have been under a SG who was graded a B- for a 3pt SG.

this works great and feels real. madden should really put the option in. in fact all sports games should. it makes your preseason matter. you eventually play the guts who play well rather than your highest rated players.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieh
It's the right way to go, but the game engine isn't up to it yet. Currently you would think all RTs are poor, most LEs are better than REs and any player who lines up as a slot receiver is better than the player lining up in the wide receiver spot.
Isn't this the intent? How many times do you see a great #2 or slot receiver get a huge free agent contract to be a #1 guy and not preform up to expectation?

Maybe I'm odd... I don't draft or sign free agents based only on overall or potential ratings. I look very hard for a type of player. I really dislike linemen under 6'2" and 300 lbs, I prefer linebackers over 6'1" and 240 lbs, and receivers depends on position and need: deep threats under 6' with sub 4.4 40's, possession over 6'2" with ups, and slots a mix.

Only place I see hidden ratings as a problem is in depth charting. The stats are so inconsistant for o-line and d-tackles how do I determine who to start? Same with 3-4 d-ends; I use them more to occupy blockers clearing blitz lanes and funneling runs back to the inside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't like this idea. Coaches IRL have hundreds of hours of game film to judge a player before they draft them. They also practice, with tons of secondary coaches to assess the team. If all you want to go by is stats, then Matt Cassel would've been a 0 rated QB considering he had 0 stats since HS.

You would make the game extra tedious if you were to be forced to run every player through drills just to get an idea whether Felix Jones should be a starter. Now I do like the idea of removing OVR. But everything else is needed I believe.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Great idea, but EA gets so much pub when they release ratings, I don't see it happening...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

RayAllen20 check out my thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...all-happy.html
Old 09-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS!!!!

Give the customer the option to do all these things!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

We need some sort of true "hardcore" mode that we can access within our franchises. It would be awesome if we had the ability to hide ratings, or have our coaches and scouts give ratings to our players the more that they play. A system similar to OOTP Baseball sims would be amazing in regards to player ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »