Home

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: good ol' comeback ai!

Sounds like the Colts/Pats game from Sunday night.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #34
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Which is the strategy of football!
Agreed. Wish we had a slider that affects turn over ratios / possibilities based on momentum. I feel it's just a little too high, but only as it affects turn over ratios / possibilities. Haven't noticed it in other areas.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 21

there is no comeback AI, and that has been proven and confirmed.

if there were comeback AI, it would be a great feature that they would surely advertise.

You may be triggering the adaptive AI if you're calling the same plays all game. Then by the 4th Q, they've got you figured out. That IS in the game.

What I don't think people understand is that the ratings give weighted odds to help determine the outcome of individual events as they happen. For example, if you have a 90 OVR LT going against a CPU 80 OVR RE, you are more likely to have success each snap, but not guaranteed to every snap. Therefore, the lower rated RE will occasionally beat the tackle and get to the QB quickly. Now, the rate at which this happens is somewhat random, but if you're on the wrong side of that randomness, you perceive it as cheating, or 'comeback AI'.

It's not likely that you'd roll the dice 10 times and get totals under 4, but it's certainly possible.

c'mon people, you get it, don't you? Can we finally close the door on this BS debate that's been going on for years...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 11-18-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #36
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
They (EA/Ian) claim that ai "comeback" logic is not in the code, and I honestly believe them. Football is one of those games where it is possible to have two very different half's during the game. I don't fall for the marketing they do here, but I do believe them on this one.
comeback logic or adaptive A.I.?
I think its just the adaptive A.I. Its works better than ever this year.

I always recover the onside kicks myself. I can only recall 1 time the cpu recovered an onside kick on me.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Also, you're not gonna always get a first down, you're not gonna score on every play, and in those times that you do, and the CPU capitilizes on it, then they start getting momentum swinging their way and then, its like you reverse roles. That's football folks, its a chess match.
The question, though, in Madden is "is the momentum factor overpowering the chess match/strategy factor"? No amount of momentum should make a team unstoppable. Even the Pats/Colts/Saints have to punt. Even they don't score on every play/drive, etc.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
there is no comeback AI, and that has been proven and confirmed.

if there were comeback AI, it would be a great feature that they would surely advertise.

You may be triggering the adaptive AI if you're calling the same plays all game. Then by the 4th Q, they've got you figured out. That IS in the game.
I don't know if there is or isn't comeback AI. There are times where the AI QBs can suddenly do no wrong after shutting them down all game up until the final 2 minutes. (though it does seem related to hurry-up offense or not, or perhaps the AWR of the QB).

I don't know how you prove there's no comeback AI short of seeing the actual code of the game? But, whatever, I'm not saying there is or isn't.

I do agree the AI adapts, somewhat, to what you're doing. Somewhat. Again, it seems more prevalent in the later stages of the game. I run on them for 3 quarters and half the 4th and suddenly they are adapting and shutting down the run every time? What? Why didn't it adapt in the 2nd quarter? Or the 3rd? Why only at the last half of the fourth?

But I do see the AI shifting the line if you run in one direction a lot. Blitz the OLBs more if you're getting the edge. Play more short zone of you're hitting short/medium passes (gotta watch those MLB leaping picks!)
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Agreed. Wish we had a slider that affects turn over ratios / possibilities based on momentum. I feel it's just a little too high, but only as it affects turn over ratios / possibilities. Haven't noticed it in other areas.

Perhaps it half contributes to "Robo QB" or suddenly near perfect play by the AI.

Maybe there's "player momentum" where a QB hits a lot of passes in a row on a few drives and can only get knocked out of it if he gets pressured or the defense gets a few good plays.

A slider would be great.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #40
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Can someone please explain robo-qb? I have no problems out of CPU qb, they have errant throws just as much as I do, and they throw int's, and sometimes they drive, make some great completions, I see nothing out of the ordinary?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »