Home

Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: good ol' comeback ai!

I've seen it, especially from the top QBs where they'll put up 80-90% completion, even against quality defense (nothing like Browns vs Colts, and even then 80% is a bit much consistently) and they'll beat whatever you do.

I use custom sliders with the QB Acc. not turned up too high.

I don't see it with anything under elite at QB. If anything weak QBs are too weak for the AI (although it seems to play the Browns QBs just fine, heh), but for the top ones, I seem to see it a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #42
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I actually kinda of wish Madden...[is]...like The Show because 80% of my games are blowout wins for me.

It just sounds to me like you need to find some new sliders.
I agree with this.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Can someone please explain robo-qb? I have no problems out of CPU qb, they have errant throws just as much as I do, and they throw int's, and sometimes they drive, make some great completions, I see nothing out of the ordinary?
in Madden 09 the CPU QB could find the open man in a split second, every single time. Even scrub QBs where putting up hall of fame type numbers.

in Madden 10 it refers to the QB being able to throw the ball away right before pressure gets there, even on the blind side.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
in Madden 09 the CPU QB could find the open man in a split second, every single time. Even scrub QBs where putting up hall of fame type numbers.

in Madden 10 it refers to the QB being able to throw the ball away right before pressure gets there, even on the blind side.
all I did was up the pass rush slider to 75 for me and I got rid of it. Pissed me off and almost made me return the game but now I get 2-5 sacks a game, and around 2 of those lame ducks.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't know how you prove there's no comeback AI short of seeing the actual code of the game? But, whatever, I'm not saying there is or isn't.
When Ian Cummings, the lead designer of the game, explicitly goes out of his way to confirm it is not in the code and has never been... that's proof enough for me.

There'd be nothing to gain by saying this. Therefore there's no motive to believe there would be any deception. In fact, you could strongly argue that if this actually was in there, they could successfully turn it into a great selling-point feature on the back of the box by giving the user an on/off option.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #46
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

I have no problems with this, the only problem I have if anything is the QB taking almost TOO long to find his reads, its like he runs around in the pocket watching all his reads. But I have no problems with sacks, I set a new record of 30 with Marcus Spears, and my NT Ratliff had 12, Igor added 3 and a few more from linebackers. Maybe it has more to do with sliders and such.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #47
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
When Ian Cummings, the lead designer of the game, explicitly goes out of his way to confirm it is not in the code and has never been... that's proof enough for me.

There'd be nothing to gain by saying this. Therefore there's no motive to believe there would be any deception. In fact, you could strongly argue that if this actually was in there, they could successfully turn it into a great selling-point feature on the back of the box by giving the user an on/off option.
I thought they used to have a keep scores close feature? I thought it was something you could toggle on/off before. So I agree w/ you, if they had it in the game, they would speak of it and/or advertise it more.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did anyone notice how the OP said the final score was 49-48 (Chiefs scored 7 TDs) and Cassell by himself passed for 7 TDs and the defense added 2 TDs?

Im not a mathematician, but I don't think that's possible

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »