Home

why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak?

This is a discussion on why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: why do i keep hearing negative things about pro-tak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
you keep hearing negative things about Pro-Tak because it is nowhere near dynamic as it was touted to be.
Agreed. While I think it's better than what Tiburon's done to date, it's more evolutionary than revolutionary - which means it's no where near where it should be. And I get the feeling we'd have seen a lot more of the "group hug" and "ball carrier breaking 3+defender tackles for a TD" animations if the community hadn't clowned it early on. That said I do think the game does a fairly good job w/some of the wrap tackles. But a poor job with impact hits/tackles. Far too many hug-then-fall-down or shoestring tackles - way too many. The defender juggles the all carrier into the air while hitting from behind is flat out silly and needs to be completely removed. And again, occurs far too frequently. Pro-Tak's implementation is pretty disappointing

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

I think pro-tak works ok...it's alot better than last gen tackling where two guys would collide and would lay on the ground falling in opposite directions. To be honest, I dont see the gang tackles that often (beyond 2 or 3 defenders)...Maybe I play conservative defenses but I don't get burned that often either (by the cpu on "all star" settings default sliders)...I had a game last night where I had the Jets shutout at half time using the Browns. It was 7-0 at half.

There are plenty of things that annoy me about this Madden but I'm finding that I get realistic scores and stats more so than any version before. It's weird, it's kind of a love-hate relationship.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
On the default All Pro or All Madden settings,

Oh see no wonder, because I don't ever use default settings so maybe that is why I don't see the problems you are seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Well, I guess maybe it just boils down to playing time. I have a hard time imagining that a user hasn't seen a player break a gang tackle for a TD. I cant imagine that a user hasn't seen a player get drug as they "fall out" of a broken tackle. On the default All Pro or All Madden settings, I cant see it taking more than 30-40 games to see either of those.
Maybe that's why I don't see it that often, I'm not using default settings?

Most of the broken tackles I see are stiff arms and spin moves.

As far joining pro-tak gang tackling, doesn't the manual say you can hit X to "assist" in tackling, or does that not work at all?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

For an EA 1st year feature (which are notorious for being broken), pro tak performs admirably. I will agree with a fellow poster that 2k5's gang tackles look better and more organic as speed and momentum seem to play into them a bit more. On topic, pro tak performs very well for a year one feature. I am looking forward to patch 1 that addresses the big backs being tackled/small backs breaking free issue.

Game on!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

I fixed the "Pro-Tak Moments" as I call them, with sliders a long while back. I tested literally 100's of plays in practice mode. RBs will break out of 4 man+ gang tackles (PT moments or PTM) roughly once every 7 or 8 times on default sliders. This is a ridiculous amount. Particularly as they almost always result in automatic TDs afterwards.

I adjusted it, so that it will happen roughly once or twice a season, given approx 350 carries for a back. The method? It's simple. The opposition's TKL slider must be 5 higher than the RB's BRK TCK slider.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love pro-tak. Not much else to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

i dont know how everyone sees these break outta 7 men tackles for td's all the time. ive been playing since launch every day. im already about to be in season 4 of my seahawks franchise and ive seen the "breakout td" a handful (one hand) of times. ive done it 4 times so far. never more than 3-4 defenders involved. all pro 10 min qtrs now default sliders.

i love protak. is it perfect NO! is it dynamic YES, to a point. i cant count how many 1st downs or td's have been gained or denied due to the point u can actually fight until u hit the ground and twist and stretch out. IMHO, all i think protak needs to hit the next level is polish. polish the interactions and smooth out all that suctioning and improve the guiding sensitivity. truly get rid of that "bubble shield" that keeps other players from interacting properly and its good to go. the number 1 peeve about it protak is that damn bubble shield!! i go over to hitstick a guy and bounce off like i hit a bouncy ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »