Home

Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: expansion draft exposed players

I have started on a list, but you changed some people around so I will have to edit it. I should have it finished tomorrow so I will post it up then. One question I have is if we are to do anything with some of our stud players, for me (starting with the Jags) MJD, Greg Jones, and Big John as I am going to keep Nelson. Also can I take players from the Jags in the expansion draft?

My team will be the Virginia(maybe Richmond) Revolution though with Blue and Yellow as their colors.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

im also trying to take lesser Ovr guys to start out cuz i wanna build with the draft and fa and dont want it to be too easy to build a good team and manage cap. Im almost done! New rosters and all you guys doing what I was trying to get people interested in had me re-do mine,
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #75
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's my team, I replaced the Seattle Seahawks with the Las Vegas Impact. * denotes rookie, $ denotes free agent

Players kept: Aaron Curry* (ROLB), Mike Teel* (QB), Deon Butler* (WR), Cameron Morrah* (TE), Max Unger* (RG), Nick Reed* (RE), and Marcus Trufant (CB)

QB - Derek Anderson (70)
QB - Mike Teel* (56)

RB - Jason Wright (71)
RB - Garrett Wolfe (67)
RB - Kory Sheets*$ (65)

FB - Jorvorskie Lane*$ (56)

WR - Reggie Brown (72)
WR - Troy Williamson (68) **edited this guy onto list, huge contract
WR - Robert Meachem (67)
WR - Deon Butler* (65)
WR - Ashley Lelie$ (57)

TE - Ben Utecht (71)
TE - Dante Rosario (69)
TE - Cameron Morrah* (56)

LT - Charles Spencer$ (68)
LT - Jason Watkins*$ (65)

LG - Jamar Nesbit (75)
LG - Uche Nwanneri (66)

C - Tyler Schmitt*$ (66)
C - Lonie Paxton (62)

RG - Max Unger* (76)
RG - Greg Isdaner*$ (66)

RT - Ray Willis (69)
RT - Adam Goldberg (65)
---------------------------------
LE - Chris Kelsay (78)
LE - Kroy Biermann (60)

RE - Darrell Reid (70)
RE - Nick Reed* (69)

DT - Chris Hovan (77)
DT - Gerard Warren (68)
DT - Alan Branch (60)

LOLB - Aaron Curry* (84)
LOLB - Andre Frazier (59)

MLB - Brendon Ayandadejo (63)
MLB - Bobby Carpenter (62)
MLB - Brandon Siler (61)

ROLB - Tamba Hali (65)
ROLB - Cody Glenn*$ (46)

CB - Marcus Trufant (88)
CB - Nathan Vasher (72)
CB - Fred Smoot (69)
CB - Mike Mickens*$ (66)
CB - Cary Harris*$ (62)

FS - Marlon McCree$ (68)
FS - Mike Adams (65)

SS - Courtney Greene*$ (65)
SS - DaJuan Morgan (62)

K - Martin Gramatica$ (66)
P - Glenn Pakulak (61)

I'll be running a 3-4 defense. This team will definatly be a challenge. Right now I'm pondering the chances of trading for someone like.. Larry Johnson?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #76
Rookie

Looks real good mngophers! I looked at the couple lists up but went with what I thought since id already done a "sim expansion" team. I also made an LV team, the Devils. I tried to make sure I picked 1 84+ OVR 10 yr+ OL with a big cap and rest of my team looks similar to yours.

In fact I just finished setting it all up tonight and I also have ol j.watkins, ol j.nesbit, cb f.smoot, cb n.vasher, and cb m.mickens. I replaced the rams and kept their rookies and decided not to keep another player from the rams for the "dispersement draft" because I already had a good 77 a rookie LB and a 84 A OL rookie from keeping the rams rookies.

When i "build" a team I like to have what i want in players. QB needs to have 90+ thr pwr and 70+ dac. For Rb's I have to have a bigger power back with 90+ trucking and one with 92+ speed to mix it up. For safeties i want bigger ss's and zone cov. rating of 75+. For Cb's, 85+ spd, 5'10"+ height and 80+ man cov rating. I want fast De's and 295+ LB DT's with 86+ strength. I also have to have a mix at wr. 1 must be 6'2" or taller and one 93+ speed and maybe even one that can just flat out catch. Just some of the things I always look for in players for my team.

Your offense looks pitiful so i would probably try to trade for an rb. Draft is gonna take time (seasons). I would have probably grabbed a couple decent vet fa OL too cuz your line is young and not too good. A new team like this shouldnt have depth but I have a feeling you might do a detroit in your 1st year and from doing my last chise like this, 3+ years of 3-13 type records and I cant get alot of good fa's to sign with my team.

I grabbed lfrom Fa's...LB B.Bailey, Lb d.brooks, wr m. harrison, De KGB and rookie rb S.Makino (hes pretty good, speed and truck). For my qbs I have b.leftwich and c.simms. Rb's I have L.maroney, J.charles, C.henry and s.makino. Wr's I have a.randel el, m.harrison, a.caldwell& rams rookie b.foster. My best ovr is probably the rams rookie 84 OVR OL.

Im excited to get started, exp draft is done, dispersment draft is done and I feel all of the ex rams went to teams with needs. S.jackson to cle I think. I cant remember but i worked out well. Some teams def. got better and I helped the skins with their cap situation by grabbing smoot and someone else to save them 7+ mill that they desperately needed.

Im contemplating taking it slower this time and maybe even controlling all 32 teams so i can help them make good moves. After 1st chise I did replacing bills, I let cpu sign ex bills and N.E. kept all their Rbs and still signed M.Lynch. I was shaking my head at that one for ahile. I think i know why thought after looking...their avg OVR for RB was like 75 and one of the lowest in the league. But I look at it as the Pats have 4 75 Ovr Rb's. Not bad but I guess cpu wants them to have a STUD!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 AM   #77
Rookie

Rws 591- I think the plan/rule was to keep only 1 player from team your replacing (dispersment draft) and put rest of good players on teams of need, Ex. MJD should go to team most in need of starting RB. After those 10-15 players I would just cut they rest and let them go to Fa pool but keep your rookies from Jags as those now "simulate" your entry draft. And I would think you could still realistically take from the Jags in an exp draft method. So dont pick MJD for exp. draft part of it. Does that help?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #78
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
I have started on a list, but you changed some people around so I will have to edit it. I should have it finished tomorrow so I will post it up then. One question I have is if we are to do anything with some of our stud players, for me (starting with the Jags) MJD, Greg Jones, and Big John as I am going to keep Nelson. Also can I take players from the Jags in the expansion draft?

My team will be the Virginia(maybe Richmond) Revolution though with Blue and Yellow as their colors.
Yea, like TX said above, You should only keep the players that the Jaguars drafted in this past draft and are Rookies this season. The 'stud players' as you say should be traded to the team that really needs that player (MJD I would say should go to a team like the Bengals or Seahawks. The other lesser players can just be cut to Free Agency and other teams might pick them up. But remember when you make your team's roster not to resign any of the Jaguars players from the FA pool.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #79
Rookie

any more questions to get you started with this..just ask. Hope you get it all figured out. Once you wrap your head around the idea its pretty easy to do just takes some time.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #80
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Does anyone disagree with any of my "House Rules" in my excel file?

I almost always follow those no matter what team I play with, especially with an expansion or cupcake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »