Home

Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

mngopher- the rules back in 02 or 03 when the texans did it was 30 players or 35 mill i think so since its now 2010 i personally bumped it up to about 35 players or 40 mill. Not sure I agree with if you pick a 75 ovr you cannot pick again from that team. I think i did to one team by taking to but i dont remember for sure. I def. agree that you cannot trade a picked player until next offseason as in real life rules for exp. team. I dont agree with fa's you sign having to me 70 Ovr or less. I didnt sigm cb c.mcallister personally but i did get lb d.brooks-77 and wr. m. harrison-82.

i also do move some guys around position wise but not because of overall as much as my preferences for team type. Ex. i have to have fast De's, big strong DT's fast OLB's, solid MLB's, cbs good at man cov with decent speed, fs's not too big and good at zone cov, and ss's that can hit hard, have some size and also a good zone cover rating. So Ill move a 225-230lb fs to ss if the rest of his numbers fit even if he goes down a point or to at the position. Also ill move a 295-300 lb de to dt cuz i want the strong fat guys in the middle. And if I need to ill move a fast, strong LB to DE for depth and that outside speed I demand.

About the injury signings....I chose whoever and its no problem for me because all thats left in fa pool after week one seems to be 75 and under OVR players. I dont make myself pick a 65 ovr player. I always put guys on IR if they are out for most of year but not 5 weeks if its still early. I have no problems trading up or down in draft but for one pick maybe, not like some guys who trade tons of pick/player combos til they have 5 picks in a row. i sign whatever Fa's i want and will come to me crappy team but try to keep most of my team intact season to season like IRL. And the 1 trade during, 2 trades after season sounds good. I think of myself as an agressive owner and the Pats made 3 or 4 trades this past year already. So i guess I could make 1 during, 2 offseason but also maybe 1 draft day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok, so here is my list of who I will be taking. I am currently out of town, so I don't have any FA names(for the numerous "blanks" that need to be filled), nor do I have the ratings of my rookies and keeper, but this was a nice way to pass part of a long drive today.

Does anyone have a link to the CAT logos? I have another leg of my trip and wouldn't mine designing the rest of the team.

I think what I am going to do is to sim through a number of seasons and see how well I can manage the team through the draft and off-season. I think this should be pretty fun.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #83
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

TX - that's the way I do it. I seem that to be most realistic and if you wanna change it go for it. I just want to restrain myself from trading every week, because that defeats the purpose. And an expansion team would rarely ever trade in the first season, look at the 96 and 02 expansions.

BTW, Jason Wright (RB) just went down for 12 weeks with a torn hamstring.. so it's up to Garrett Wolfe to be my feature back. Just lost 51-10 to the Chargers, it was a good game and I threw 3 picks with my rookie backup qb, so overall I'm content.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #84
Rookie

mngophers- i wasnt trying to bust your balls about your rules. just saying what i do and why. overall your look good, just a few things I do different but feel like im still "keeping it real". I dont trade alot. Thats sucks about your rb. It always happens to me so for now I have 4 rb's. i think youll have alot of 51-10 type games. You use custom sliders or all-pro?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #85
Rookie

rws591- Your team looks good, probably too good IMO. im an ATL fan so I couldnt take M.jenkins cuz i think they still want/need him but i could be wrong. Im also not sure about 4 or 5 other guys, mostly the 82 OVR B players. But Im not looking at those teams DC's so i dont know what else they have. I also try not to take players that just were signed this year by new team and I think TE C.Baker is one of those. And good luck with S.Wallace at QB. You should def. get top pick in next yrs draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #86
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
mngophers- i wasnt trying to bust your balls about your rules. just saying what i do and why. overall your look good, just a few things I do different but feel like im still "keeping it real". I dont trade alot. Thats sucks about your rb. It always happens to me so for now I have 4 rb's. i think youll have alot of 51-10 type games. You use custom sliders or all-pro?
No problem at all, didn't think you were.

I use these sliders with a few edits(threshold at 0, qb acc at 20): http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-sliders.html
Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #87
Rookie

thanks gopher, ill check em out later. Really, thresh hold at 0? most guys I see put it at 50.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #88
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
thanks gopher, ill check em out later. Really, thresh hold at 0? most guys I see put it at 50.
I LOVE it at 0. I signed Michael Ray Garvin (40 ovr, 97 speed) and I want him to prove he's that fast, so threshold at 0 does that. Just my personal preferance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »