Home

expansion draft exposed players

This is a discussion on expansion draft exposed players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
i dont scout! I want my drafts somewhat realistic with busts and steals and just look at bench reps, 40 time and make my best guess as to a good pick.
Al Davis, is that you?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #114
Rookie

al davis, funny! Drafting is way too easy with scouting so i dont do it and from what ive seen on these boards, most guys dont.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 1

yea i really wish there was some skill with scouting, not sure how they would do it but right now its a joke! I thought well i will only scout 3-5 players in the draft.. the first year i did that one 2 went in the 1st round and the rest were rounds 4-7... You can build a damn good team real fast that way hahaha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #116
Rookie

What I find myself doing is scouting almost everyone in the draft class but only for one or two weeks each. That way I know a little something about each player and I don't end up only scouting the highest potential guys.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #117
Rookie

By the way TX, this thread rocks. I've been playing a Giants franchise that I'll probably stay with until Manning retires. After that I'm using these guidelines and exposed player lists to do an expansion franchise.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #118
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

OVR: 3

I love this thread.

Let me get this straight. I think I am going to re-locate the Jaguars, since they can't even come close to selling out their games, and most of their home games are blackouts on TV.

I'm a little confused on how to do the rosters though.

When I go into the fantasy draft section in the create-a-team option. Do I need to put all the players that I want to keep (rookies, 1 vet) on another team, so that I can draft them?

The rest of the players I need to move around to other teams before I start my season? Do I just add scrubs to the roster before going into create a team to make sure I have a valid roster before exiting roster setup?

Anyone have any pictures of good uniform creations? I can't find a combination that I like w/o copying off of someone else.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
I love this thread.

Let me get this straight. I think I am going to re-locate the Jaguars, since they can't even come close to selling out their games, and most of their home games are blackouts on TV.

I'm a little confused on how to do the rosters though.

When I go into the fantasy draft section in the create-a-team option. Do I need to put all the players that I want to keep (rookies, 1 vet) on another team, so that I can draft them?

The rest of the players I need to move around to other teams before I start my season? Do I just add scrubs to the roster before going into create a team to make sure I have a valid roster before exiting roster setup?

Anyone have any pictures of good uniform creations? I can't find a combination that I like w/o copying off of someone else.
My Oklahoma Outlaws are actually using a color scheme i found on the net, when i searched Madden Teams.. found a decent color combo, (Red, Silver and Black), and used the logos the game offers as The bandits. looks pretty pimp, just play with the uniforms with those 3 colors, and you will find something you like. There are tons of other options on that page as well.

http://www.maddenteams.com/colors.htm

As for setting up the roster, what youve gotta do, is set your roster the way you want it in the Roster file, BEFORE you start a franchise. Usualy what I do is go through,a nd first off, trade anybody worth a damn off the tema im going to replace (Usually jacksonville or St. Louis)

typical 1 for 1 trades, i'll send MJD or S-Jack to Seattle usually, or Cleveland, and just take their worst RB they have in return.

Then i wil release guys off the roster, to get it to a 50 man roster, (which is all you can use in Fantasy draft team in C-A-T menue)

So now, ive got a team full of scrubs, and a few rookies (The rookeis actually drafted by the team, or my own picks if i do it differently) Then i will trade off whats left, to get the guys i "acquired" in the fantasy draft. Say i draft QB Sage Rosenfels, id trade the best QB left on my team (Bulger or garrard would be gone by this step) and do the same with every other player needed to get my roster exactally how i want it to be when i start the franchise.

Next step is to WRITE DOWN the players, by position, and then create your team.

Draft all the players written down to your team via the Create a Team menu, and save, and load them up and start a franchise.

This should result in zero duplicate players, and you should be ready to get off the ground for the 2009 season.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #120
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for the link.

So all the players that I want to keep on my team (rookies for example) I need to trade to another team, so that they're available when I do my fantasy draft in create-a-team? I've gathered that every player left on my team (Jaguars) will disappear once I start a create-a-team, replace them, etc, correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »