Home

expansion draft exposed players

This is a discussion on expansion draft exposed players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Season 1 is in the books and I went 3-13 with my "expansion" LV Devils. The Pats and Steelers both went 16-0 but the 12-4 Falcons won the SB.

I lost some guys, picked up a couple fa's most notibly CB W.Gay-79, Lb G.Guyton-78 and I traded my 2nd rounder, a 72 Rb and something else for philly Wr J.Macklin-82. I had a DE that was like a 78 OVR that wouldnt resign I guess cuz my team sucked and some good Fa's that also wouldnt sign with my team.

Some of the key stats for the year were DE KGB having 10 sacks for the season, my team as a whole ran for only 1100 yards and QB B.Leftwich actually had a decent year with 20 tds, 13 ints and throwing for 2565 yards with 55% completion.

Then for the draft- I had some hits and some misses, i dont scout. I wanted a new stud QB but it wasnt looking good so next in line was RB and with the 3rd pick, I traded down 3 picks and got another 3rd in the process and picked an Rb which turned out to be an 85 OVR with speed 94 and trucking 91.
3rd round I took a 71 OVR QB,
3rd- 78 LG (starting)
4th- 64 RT
4th- 69 HB
5th 80 MLB
5th-61 WR
6th- 66 QB
7th- 69 LG

Now onto year 2 with Leftwich still at the helm with a Rookie breathing down his neck and a new rookie stud rb and a couple decent wrs and upgrades on OL and "D" thanks to progression and draft.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #130
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

So my season I ended up simming after 3-4 games, just to get to the offseason which is my favorite part. Went 0-16, first pick in draft.

- I traded my 3rd round pick and someone else to the Bucs for Caddilac Williams.

- resigned Caddilac to a 5 year deal, Marcus Freeman to a 2 year deal, Beau Bell to a 2 year deal, Chris Kelsay to a 3 year deal, Dante Rosario to a 2 year deal, and Javorskie Lane to a 4 year deal. (no contracts were up, so decided to turn 2 year deals into extensions)

- in free agency I signed QB Bryan Hoyer (3 yrs, 64 ovr), LT Jamon Merideth (4 yrs, 75 ovr), DT Shaun Smith (5 yrs, 78 ovr), FS Hiram Eugene (3 yrs, 74 ovr) and Sebastian Janikowski (3 yrs, 74 ovr)

- Draft day, I traded CB Marcus Trufant to the Raiders for Thomas Howard and their 2nd rounder pick 2. (Al Davis is dumb, can't believe they accepted, and btw, only Asomugha was on the roster) and Chris Hovan to the Texans for a 5th rounder I think

- Draft picks (note, didn't write down order when I drafted them so I'm only giving my rough idea)

1st round: Ciron Black, LT (81 ovr, A pot.) 7 yrs, 87.36M
2nd round: Sergio Render, LG (69 ovr, B pot.) 4 yrs, 4.12M
2nd round: Sam Young, RT (67 ovr, B pot.) 4 yrs, 5.08M
4th round: Eric Decker, WR (60 ovr, B pot.) 3 yrs, 930k
5th round: Eric Berry, SS (57 ovr, B pot.) 3 yrs, 930k
5th round: Devin McCourty, CB (54 ovr, C pot.) 1 yr, 310k
6th round: Matt Grothe, QB (52 ovr, C pot.) 2 yrs, 740k
7th round: released player

Overall, my draft was pretty dang good. 3 future offensive line starters, and I'm going to open it up with Anderson at QB and test the other 3 in preseason. This coming off-season I will be sure to re-sign Thomas Howard, and in the draft I'll look for my franchise QB (if needed) and beef up my defensive line and secondary
Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #131
Rookie

I just played one game, super simmed/played another and simmed the rest of season 2 of my chise. My team OVR is 80. After going 3-13 last year i was hoping to win maybe 6 this year and I was surprised when my team started 3-2. Then QB B.Leftwich went down for like 10 weeks with injury and I had to hand the ball to my rookie. It was off and on from there on.

We got to the last game of the season and B.Leftwich was back and we were sitting at 8-7 and playing Seattle (9-7) with a slight chance at playoffs IF we won and someone else lost. Well we lost 25-10, leftwich was rusty and the other team also won so it really didnt matter.

Finished 8-8, beyond my expectations of 2nd year team but we had alot of close wins and only 3 of those wins were against teams with winning records. 2 blowout wins against 2-14 (TB) and 3-13 (Det) teams. We lost the last 4 games of the season. Had an OT win in the 1st game of the year. The team scored the 3rd LEAST points in the league and allowed the 5th most. So it was an overrated 8-8 but without Leftwich for 5 of the wins I was very surprised.

New england ended up winning the SB over Carolina.

My rookie stud Rb had 1350 yards on the ground which helped alot over last year. WR J.Maclin ended up with 1050 yards rec and was a pro bowler. I also had another probowl player in MLB Laurinaitis with 165 tackles.

I think leftwich will be signed back for 1 or 2 years cuz I liked what I saw in him when he wasnt hurt this year. The rookie wasnt overly impressive but I drafted him hoping for a mediocre starter or decent backup. Only time will tell!

I also checked out the trading block during the season which I never do and decided to trade for pitts LB L.Timmons. I gave up a 78 Ovr young DE and a couple picks.

Onto the offseason: First thing i did was look for a De cuz I needed a decent one and traded for Colts DE R.Brock. Dont remember what I traded but it was fair. When I got to the draft i had no 1st or 2nd round pick so waiting for my turn to pick was crappy and I had major doubts about getting much value out of this draft. Boy was I wrong.

I dont remember order but I drafted:
82 A FS, 75 B RE, 76 B MLB, 66 B CB, 78 B RG, 75 B RT AND A 66 C WR. After I signed all of them and saw their ratings and potential I was happier than a pig in ****. I also saw a guy in the draft with a snickers name.....Patrick Chewing. LMAO!

Now ready for season 3 and my team is getting good enough that Ill enjoy playing games more. Already getting close to the Sal. Cap and will have some tough decisions to make in the next couple years im sure. My goal is by year 5 to be a playoff team and not in cap limbo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think chewing is actually a rip-off of Patrick Ewing (the basketball player for those who don't know). He is one of the many hidden easter eggs in this year's draft system.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #133
Rookie

it is, i know, from the snickers commercials. It just stupid though.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #134
Banned

OVR: 3

Hey great thread txfalconfan im gonna give this a try. Im planning on using nolan887's list thanks for the work on that nolan. I was wondering what you guys did when selecting players did you just pick who you wanted from the entire list or did you remove a player from the team you selected players from like in a real expansion draft?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #135
Rookie

darth- you might as well start with the new rosters with braylon on the Jets. When taking players from other teams i tried not to take the 2 best players they would put up kinda simulating that they took one away after I picked one. I think my exp draft came out fair for all teams and i felt it was realistic with it. You just gotta keep a mindset when you do it of, would this really happen, and try to be fair and keep it real. Post your team when your done. Always interesting to see what guys start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #136
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden
Hey great thread txfalconfan im gonna give this a try. Im planning on using nolan887's list thanks for the work on that nolan. I was wondering what you guys did when selecting players did you just pick who you wanted from the entire list or did you remove a player from the team you selected players from like in a real expansion draft?
I agree with what TX said. What I did was went through position wise and chose the required number of players for each position (2 QB, 2 RB, 1 FB, etc.) Then I went through and revised those picks down to 30. For each player I took from another team, I signed a FA with the same (or a bit higher) OVR and then traded that FA to the team with the player I wanted. This made sure that the other teams in the league would have the same talent level as they did before I took their player.

Also, on my list I have 2 players of the same position on the list, so if you took one of those players, the other one would be removed. For example, my list has the Jets putting on QB O'Connel and QB Ainge, so if you pick O'Connel, the Jets would remove Ainge from the list. Same goes for the DT for the Bucks, the ROLB from the Panthers, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »