Home

Old 10-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: expansion draft exposed players

yeah i would never take more than 2 or 3 guys from one team (3 is max from 1 team IRL) and def. wouldn't take 2 from same position from one team. Good point nolan! My qbs were B.leftwich and chris simms.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #138
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Just realized that I never posted my drafted roster. So here it is:

QB J Johnson 53 Bucaneers
QB K O'Connel 42 Jets
HB R Williams 78 Dolphins
HB L Maroney 77 Patriots
HB L Jordan 66 Broncos
WR D Branch 76 Seahawks
WR J Walker 71 Raiders
WR D Northcutt 68 Lions
LT O Cousins 68 Ravens
LT K Dunlap 60 Eagles
LG U Nwaneri 66 Jaguars
C L Paxton 62 Broncos
RT R Willis 69 Seahawks
LE K Iwebema 67 Cardinals
RE R McDonald 67 49ers
RE M Evans 65
DT J Haye 78 Titans
DT D Landri 68 Jaguars
DT A Johnson 65 Colts
LOLB B Poppinga 68 Packers
MLB T Spikes 82 49ers
MLB B Carpenter 62 Cowboys
ROLB L Johnson 69 Panthers
CB K Jennings 72 Seahawks
CB F Smoot 69 Redskins
CB J Bush 66 Packers
FS T Culver 66 Dolphins
SS S Considine 69 Jaguars
SS R Smith 64 49ers

Only position change I made was LaMont Jordan to FB.

Some pickups I made were OLB Marcus Freeman, QB M Gutierrez (my starter), HB L Booker (Kick Returns), WR Dexter Jackson (Kick/Punt Returns)

Dexter Jackson is great. He is a WR rated 46 OVR (I'm pretty sure its 46, he is 51 after this years progression) but he is 23 Years Old, 95 speed, 91 agility, 97 acceleration, 85 BCV, 90 Spin, 95 Juke. I'm not great at kick returns, but he took 2 to the house for me last season. He's buried in the FA pool, so you will be able to easily get him.

I Relocated all of my players above 80 OVR and here were some of the results:
DT M Stroud -> 49ers
HB M Lynch -> Seahawks
QB T Edwards -> Redskins
RE A Schobel -> Broncos
ROLB K Mitchell -> Bucs
WR T Owens -> 49ers
WR L Evans -> Rams

My team is the South Carolina Spartans (Spartanburg, SC -- REAL CITY!) I wanted to make a team where there are no professional teams, so I thought CT, VT, NH, VA, WV, SC. Spartanburg, SC was a city I came across and figured that would be a great city to put my Spartans.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #139
Rookie

Nolan- i dont think i wouldve took t.spikes, ricky williams or j.johnson. I think Sf is loving t.spikes right now, ricky williams is doing great as a backup/compliment rb and J.Johnson is the starter for TB now. Not trying to nit pick, just saying. The rest looks good! I am surprised that you gave the 9'ers 2 of the ex bills and it was funny seeing T.O. go back there.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #140
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
Nolan- i dont think i wouldve took t.spikes, ricky williams or j.johnson. I think Sf is loving t.spikes right now, ricky williams is doing great as a backup/compliment rb and J.Johnson is the starter for TB now. Not trying to nit pick, just saying. The rest looks good! I am surprised that you gave the 9'ers 2 of the ex bills and it was funny seeing T.O. go back there.
Haha yea, I sent TO back because of the Crabtree fiasco. I forget who I sent where, but I gave the 9ers a better/younger MLB. Also, Johnson is an iffy pick, but they just drafted Freeman who has A pot/better OVR so I figured they would use him (as EXP doesn't really matter in the game).

Also, here are some SS of my stadium/Uniforms:

Old 10-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #141
Rookie

stadium and uni's look good. I thought Tb would use the rookie freeman too but they decided not to yet. And T.O. to SF is good for them now that Crabtree is signed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #142
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Thanks. True, but I'd have to restart my Franchise with the new roster updates for them to have Craptree as well haha.

Fred Jackson is who I gave to Miami to replace Williams (28 Yrs Old, 77 OVR, B Potential, $1.58 Mil as opposed to Williams at 32 Yrs Old, 78 Ovr, C pot, $3.9 Mil)

Paul Posluszny is who I gave to the 49ers for TKO (24 Yrs Old, 82 OVR, A Potential, $1.34 Mil vs. 32 Yrs Old, 82 OVR, B Pot, $2.00 Mil) So I think the 9ers would like him even better than TKO -- TKO is on the decline, while Posluszny can get better the next 6 seasons.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #143
Rookie

good points and moves to even it up. Most guys wouldnt have done it that way but you did it right. i can remember for sure but i was even iffy about leftwich but i think gave them bulger or whoever the other rams qb is. Im about to start season 3 so we'll see how it goes. Part of me wants to make a "big" trade for ochocinco or B.marshall but dont have the players to trade and dont wanna give up the farm or the picks. Maybe later!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #144
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
good points and moves to even it up. Most guys wouldnt have done it that way but you did it right. i can remember for sure but i was even iffy about leftwich but i think gave them bulger or whoever the other rams qb is. Im about to start season 3 so we'll see how it goes. Part of me wants to make a "big" trade for ochocinco or B.marshall but dont have the players to trade and dont wanna give up the farm or the picks. Maybe later!
Boller is the other QB you're talking about. Yea, as long as you actually think about the moves you are making, you shouldn't f*ck anything up too badly. I hope people aren't just grabbing 30 or 35 off the list and not re-balancing the teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »