Home

Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: expansion draft exposed players

This was a great idea and something I had a lot of fun just setting up. Took me about 3 nights to get everything setup properly. I replaced the Washington Redskins and allowed myself to keep 1 player (Haynesworth). I then allowed every team that was rated under 80 and/or did not make the playoffs last year to select a player off the Redskins roster trying to keep it as real as possible for the dispersement draft. Here's my results of the dispersement draft.

Exp. TeamA. Haynesworth
KCL. Landry
SLC. Rogers
DetC. Samuels
CleC. Portis
OakS. Moss
BengalsC. Cooley
SeaC. Griffin
JaxA. Carter
BillsC. Horton
BucsJ. Campbell
HoustonR. Thomas
SFD. Hall
DenvL. Fletcher
DolphinsM. Kelly
PanthersR. McIntosh
BearsD. Dockery
TitansD. Thomas

I then went thru each team and made my own list of Expansion eligible players, 5 from every team. After selecting a teams player, I then removed a player from each team. If 2 players were selected from a particular team, all other players from that team were then off limits. Finally, I used another poster's idea of giving myself the 1st pick in every round of this years draft with additional picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th. I then selected a player that was eligible in the draft at the time I was selecting and replaced that teams player with either a rookie from the Redskins or a player off the FA list that was similar to the guy I was taking. While doing this, I did not look at the ratings of the players. I simply went off the list of players on NFL.com and had no idea of the overall rating of the players I was selecting.

My main focus was builing a semi-competitive team while maintaining a low cap # so I could build up my team for the future. All in all, I'm fairly happy with the team I've assembled as I believe they look like a true to life expansion team. Here's my final 50 man roster after all was said and done. Thanks to all who posted in this thread and especially to the OP who came up with this great idea!!!

QBB. Leftwich - 71LEK. Dawson - 73*
QBS. McGee - 59LEJ. Gilbert - 68
QBJ. O'Sullivan - 60RER. McDonald - 67*
REK. Biermann - 68
HBS. Morris - 76
HBJ. Wright - 71DTA. Haynesworth
HBB. Leonard - 70DTS. Pouha - 68
DTA. Johnson - 65
FBJ. Cook - 73 DT
WRD. Henderson - 69LOLBA. Curry - 84
WRE. Doucet - 64LOLBA. Spencer - 72
WRB. Stokley - 74MLBB. Siler - 61
WRM. Mitchell - 64MLBB. Carpenter - 62
WRE. Weems - 58MLBS. McKillop - 67
WRT. Underwood - 60ROLBL. Johnson - 69
ROLBD. Briggs - 52
TES. Heiden - 75
TED. Rosario - 69CBD. Butler - 74
TEB. Cottam - 66CBK. Jennings - 72
CBC. Graham - 66
LTO. Cousins - 68CBJ. Wade - 61
LTJ. Watkins - 65CBA. Molden - 57
LGU. Nwaneri - 66
LGB. Yates - 63FSB. McGowan - 66*
CA. Koets - 68FSA. Afalava - 66
CJ. Luigs - 68SSR. Smith - 64*
RGC. Rinehart - 67SSS. Considine - 69
RGM. Slauson - 67
RTR. Willis - 69PT. Sauerbrun - 72
RTA. Goldberg - 65KM. Bryant - 74

-Jim Valvano
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 5

Year 2, Ist game of season i had high hopes because my team lost to the NYG 31-30 in the last 3 minutes and during the game missed 2 fg's while the Giants missed 0. Then from there we went on to a record of 3-13! Guess I was a little premature with the high hopes this year.

Leftwich sat the bench as backup the whole year since the 2nd yr Qb didnt get hurt but his stats for the year werent too impressive... 2400 yards, 65 Qb rating, 15 tds passes, 19 ints. The 2nd yr Rb on the other hand ran for 325 times for 1279 yards after running for 1100+ in rookie season.

In the league....N.E. beat AZ in the SB and K.Warner retired.

Leftwich will not be resigned and i will look for another decent qb in the draft since im not sure how the youngster will pan out. I also think this coming season will be the last before I need to resign/sign some new coaches. And ill be at the 5 year point and hopefully close to the playoffs.

My biggest offseason aquisition was trading for C.ochocinco Wr 89 OVR which now I have alongside J.Maclin as my top 2 wrs. Most other Fa's I signed were for depth and backups. And the draft...
WR-74A
MLB- 73A
QB- 75 B
RT-64 D
CB- 59D
C-66D

Not bad, but not great! Onto season 4. Ill post season 5 roster after this season and offseason.
I really hope to have a playoff team in yr 5 so we better make progress this year!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #163
Rookie

1st week before i started any games, I looked at my 2 young qbs and made a decision to trade the 2nd yr 81 Ovr A potential qb for a 3rd round pick and keep the rookie 75 B Qb and signed Mike Vick as a backup. hope it was the right move. I wasn't impressed witht the other qbs 1st 2 seasons (both yrs he threw more ints than tds and had a Qb rating under 70.

I know most of you would keep the a potential and get rid of the b but this is what i did.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #164
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
1st week before i started any games, I looked at my 2 young qbs and made a decision to trade the 2nd yr 81 Ovr A potential qb for a 3rd round pick and keep the rookie 75 B Qb and signed Mike Vick as a backup. hope it was the right move. I wasn't impressed witht the other qbs 1st 2 seasons (both yrs he threw more ints than tds and had a Qb rating under 70.

I know most of you would keep the a potential and get rid of the b but this is what i did.
Its more about your play style. Mid 70's players can actually be decent in this game. I like to try to sign and keep only A/B pot player and once they hit 30 i try to dump them off.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #165
Rookie

yeah i dont keep many older players (over 30) either cuz that normally is when they start to decline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #166
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
yeah i dont keep many older players (over 30) either cuz that normally is when they start to decline.
lets be BFF's. you and me and mngofers (cant blame that he likes 'sota) run this thread like its our job
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #167
Rookie

BFF's, Ha!. What are we 12 year old girls? I just like making the game more fun and playing it instead of bashing it and finding all of its faults. Its like having a decent looking chick that looks great but can't [email protected] to save her life. Its ok but could be better! Really am glad that people are catching on and liking the idea. You hear that EA....Hire me!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #168
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
BFF's, Ha!. What are we 12 year old girls? I just like making the game more fun and playing it instead of bashing it and finding all of its faults. Its like having a decent looking chick that looks great but can't [email protected] to save her life. Its ok but could be better! Really am glad that people are catching on and liking the idea. You hear that EA....Hire me!
Your rejection cut me deep, and killed the tread... anyways, I'm add when it comes to video games and have started four different expansion teams and get bored before the season ends so i have no updates haha. just wanted to bump this back to the top in case anyone is still interested in doing this (plus patch 2 should come out soon {SHOULD} which might inspire more people to do this).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »