Home

Old 10-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #169
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: expansion draft exposed players

I'm still loving this, I'm 1-2 with jeff garcia at QB and Mewelde Moore at RB. My defense is terrible, my offense is just as bad. But luckily i have a QB heavy draft so i know where my first overall pick is going.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #170
Pro

OVR: 9

I was about done with Madden until I came across this thread. I was winning pretty much every game with good sliders and I was bored. So I made a printout of a couple of the key rules people have put on here and then used the last list of exposed players as a guideline and I went to work. I created the Portland Demons and replaced the St.Louis Rams. It works perfectly being Portland is on the west coast and still would be a natural rival to Seattle and San Francisco. I decided on keeping one player from the Rams but I didn't want to keep Steven Jackson as I thought that would make things a little easier then I wanted.

I ended up deciding on keeping Chris Long who is a 80 overall in the week 6 update I used. I then gave away the upper Rams players mainly by looking who was weakest at the position and trying to remember who was bad last year. Cleveland got Steven Jackson, Atogwe to Seattle, and a few other people went other places. I went down to about the 75 overalls. Now onto my team. I tried to make it rough on myself and so I really didn't take some of the better younger guys on the list and if I couldn't find someone who would be easy to move to my team I just took a FA. Here's some of my "superstars"

QB - Todd Collins/Billy Volek
RB - Sammy Morris/Jason Wright/Garrett Wolfe
FB - Verron Haynes? Hayes?
WR - Brandon Jones/Brian Clark/Jerome Simpson (Rough)
OL - Khalif Barnes/Jerome Nesbit/Mansfield Wrotto/Ray Willis
DL - Long/Ray McDonald/Spencer Johnson/Terrance Taylor
LB - DD Lewis/Zak Deossie/Demorrio Williams
DBs - Don't really remember but they aren't very good. My best one is Fred Smoot.
K - Nick Novak
P - Wilbur

I'm 0-4 on the year. Giving up about 40 points a game but I'm loving the challenge. Last game against the 49ers I hit a huge pass play to bring it to 23-27 early in the 4th only to have them pull away and win. I'm also only scouting three weeks on any given player. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in on this it's pretty much saved Madden for me this year!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #171
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

what will save the Buffalo Bills from being moved is that they are an original founding team of the old AFL days.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #172
Rookie

peavy_44's Arena

OVR: 4

Let me tell you, this is awesome, Using Gophers rules and list, which would be awesome if I could get an updated one with Week 7 or 8 update, but it's cool I will make it work. I just recently while in class no less at college decided I am gonna replace the Rams, and have started sorting thru the list and selecting players. Will keep all posted. This is AWESOME!

GO PHILS

Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know someone mentioned this before, but you should also target high paid veterans that are rated well on teams in cap trouble. This would replicate the Jaguar situation when the Texans expanded. The perfect example was that Cowboys example from this thread where you can take Tashard Choice, but you also have to take on Greg Ellis' contract.

Also, as a Bears fan, Vashar would definitely be exposed, so I'm glad he was put on there!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 0

On second thought, the perfect contact to take on is someone like Bobby Carpenter for the Dallas pull or Jamaal Anderson in Atlanta (who's been downright awful).
Old 10-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
what will save the Buffalo Bills from being moved is that they are an original founding team of the old AFL days.
Not.

What will actually save the Buffalo Bills is getting Al Davis to share his elixir of life with Ralph Wilson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #176
Rookie

peavy_44's Arena

OVR: 4

Here is the team that my roommate and I have put together, we will be replacing the Rams. Feel free to leave any comments, concerns, ideas you may have. We plan on getting this started after the WS game. Also any ideas on team names would be cool as well, and if anyone has any input on whether to use NCAA classes or the Madden classes, because the NCAA players come in so bad.

QB
Michael Vick (Phi)
Keith Null (StL) *Rookie
Andre Woodson (FA)

RB
Justin Fargas (Oak)
Garrett Wolfe (Chi)
Jalen Parmele (Bal)

FB
Jim Kleinsasser (Min)

WR
Laurent Robinson (StL) *IR
Robert Meachem (NO)
Brandon Gibson (StL) *Rookie
Brooks Foster (StL) *Rookie
Early Doucet (Ari)
Pierre Garcon (Ind)

TE
Leonard Pope (KC)
Matt Spaeth (Pit)

OT
Jason Smith (StL) *Rookie
Jamar Nesbit (NO)
Lydon Murtha (FA)
Jason Watkins (FA)

OG
Trai Essex (Pit)
Mansfield Wrotto (Sea)
Roger Allen III (StL) *Rookie
Uche Nwaneri (Jax)

C
Kory Lichtensteiger (FA)
Adam Koets (NYG)

DE
Ray McDonald (SF)
Charles Johnson (Car)
Keyunta Dawson (Ind)
Marcus Howard (FA)

DT
Adam Carriker (StL) *IR
Darrell Scott (StL) *Rookie
Frank Okam (Hou)
John McCargo (Buf)

OLB
Larry Grant (StL) *Rookie
Tamba Hali (KC)
Jordan Dizon (Det)
Anthony Spencer (Dal)

MLB
James Laurinaitis (StL) *Rookie
Brandon Siler (SD)

CB
Bradley Fletcher (StL) *Rookie
Jason Allen (Mia)
Kelly Jennings (Sea)
Mike Mickens (FA)

FS
Oshiomogho Atogwe (StL) *Franchise Player Kept
Brandon McGowan (NE)

SS
DeJuan Morgan (KC)
Gerald Alexander (Jax)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »