Home

expansion draft exposed players

This is a discussion on expansion draft exposed players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #49
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngophers21
This is indeed a good list, but a few things.

Your putting way too many young guys on there. Falcons wouldn't put Andersen or Beirmann, Colts wouldn't put Garcon, etc. Same with the Steelers and Dixon.

You gotta put guys on who are middle aged with big contracts, or really low rated vets. Other than that, great list.

I'll post some of the House Rules I plan to use in mine for you guys to see as well.
Yea like I said, I based my picks mostly on Potential to get some of the sh*tty players off of the teams. I tried not to put anybody with A or B potential on the list, which in some cases lead to iffy choices like you pointed out. But this is why I left all the tabs on the bottom, so if people want to make changes to who goes on the list they can do it. Everyone feel free to make changes and repost.
__________________________________________________ _____
My Reasoning for your 'dislikes':
ATL - Andersen - 70 OVR, C Potential, 23 Years Old - Backup is C Davis who is 74 OVR with B Potential and a smaller contract, and only 3 years older
ATL - Beirmann - 60 OVR, C Potential, 23 Years Old - Backup to Abraham, and ahead of Sidbury in the DC who is 70 OVR, B Potential, same age
INDY - Garcon - I agree with you on this one, but he was the only other player left with C potential
PIT - Dixon - 53 OVR, C Potential, 24 Years Old - Basically, if he has C Potential he is not the QB of the future for Pittsburg and they will probably replace him in 2 yrs when his contract is up, plus Batch is a decent 2nd String

^^Could be wrong about Dixon, he could just be an underrated player in the game (Like my boy BJGE for the Pats)
Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #50
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
Yea like I said, I based my picks mostly on Potential to get some of the sh*tty players off of the teams. I tried not to put anybody with A or B potential on the list, which in some cases lead to iffy choices like you pointed out. But this is why I left all the tabs on the bottom, so if people want to make changes to who goes on the list they can do it. Everyone feel free to make changes and repost.
__________________________________________________ _____
My Reasoning for your 'dislikes':
ATL - Andersen - 70 OVR, C Potential, 23 Years Old - Backup is C Davis who is 74 OVR with B Potential and a smaller contract, and only 3 years older
ATL - Beirmann - 60 OVR, C Potential, 23 Years Old - Backup to Abraham, and ahead of Sidbury in the DC who is 70 OVR, B Potential, same age
INDY - Garcon - I agree with you on this one, but he was the only other player left with C potential
PIT - Dixon - 53 OVR, C Potential, 24 Years Old - Basically, if he has C Potential he is not the QB of the future for Pittsburg and they will probably replace him in 2 yrs when his contract is up, plus Batch is a decent 2nd String

^^Could be wrong about Dixon, he could just be an underrated player in the game (Like my boy BJGE for the Pats)
I'm going through and editing a couple guys, removing some and adding, so I'll repost the list when I'm done and you guys can check out my version.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
nolan- I agree with you on the pats rb situation. However I dont think ATL would put up M.jenkins, J,anderson or K.bierman IRL.
Anderson and Bierman - above post.
I figured if I took Jenkins, I'd give them TO or Lee Evans (im replacing the Bills)

Quote:
Also the bengals 1 yr OL
Agree, I have no idea why I put him on there.

Quote:
Mia rb r.williams
He's old and bad haha, but yea, they dont really have a solid #2, plus I've been a huge fan since he was in college and i want him on my team lol

Quote:
Dallas rb t.choice
Lawrence Maroney Clone Marion Barber & Felix Jones pretty much have the Dallas running game on lock so I figured I'd toss him in. Also it may just be me, but every franchise I've made they put him on the Trading Block like Week 1.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad the work I put in was worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #52
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Qb J.garcia is a fa again now too IRL. Eagles cut him already today.
ROFL! Guess Kolb surprised everybody. He should pull a Cutler now and demand a trade
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #53
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
Thanks for the feedback. Glad the work I put in was worth it.
It was very worth it. Inspired me to review the list myself, and when I post mine I'd love for someone to go through it as well!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Kolb is the next cassell. Overrated backup turned starter that will demand a big contract to start somewhere and will dissapoint. Maybe later when im not busy at all ill look thru and see if i can find a couple guys from each team that i def. think would be on the list.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #55
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

The best guy I've put on there so far is Chris Kelsay from the Bills. 6 million dollar contract for 2 years, and with Maybin behind him I could see the Bills dumping him. Sound ok?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #56
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngophers21
The best guy I've put on there so far is Chris Kelsay from the Bills. 6 million dollar contract for 2 years, and with Maybin behind him I could see the Bills dumping him. Sound ok?
I would agree with that, both have B Potential, but Kelsay is 29 Years old. Who would you be taking off the original list?

Also, would you mind highlighting the players you are adding in Yellow or something, so we can see what changes you have made? That would be awesome.

Last edited by nolan887; 09-29-2009 at 06:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »