Home

Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #65
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: expansion draft exposed players

Made some edits to my rules, so USE THIS LINK, NOT THE ONE BEFORE!!

Oh, and this list has a couple guys I took from nolan's and put into mine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mngophers21players.zip (145.2 KB, 69 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #66
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

buuuump
Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #67
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngophers21

Looks good at quick glance -- haven't had time to really check it out because of my classwork. I'll give it a good look tonight after my class. Players look good, but I haven't really looked at the 'House Rules' yet.

Kind of OT, but anyone want to post some screens of their created teams after their expansion draft?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

ome solid improvements on this list, but im still bothered by so many guys who were rookies last year bieng on the list. However, for some teams, that was totally unavoidable. so i can look past 98% of em. the only ones that really tend to bother me, are...

QB Josh Johnson, TB
RT A. Collins, CIN
LB Q. Groves, JAX

Guys like RB T Choice make sense, as its likely a team like Dallas would try and cut a deal with an expansion team, to allow a young guy like him to go, but only if they agree contractualy to select a couple overpriced vets to go with him, to help out the Cowboys cap situation.

This sort of deal happened with the Texans and jaguars, and led to Tony Boselli, Seth payne, and 1 other guy, a big highpriced DE whos name escapes me, going to HOU from JAX. Just need to adjust that Coywboys list accordingly, and make a house rule that if you select Choice, you have to select player X and player Y. For m, i would likely use DE Greg Ellis (was still a Cowboy when this would have taken place) and maybe someone like LB Carpenter fits the bill there too.

Groves, though, i cant find the same justification for, nor with Collins. You would probably be more likely to see someone like SS C. Ndukwe on there from Cincy ahead of a guy like Collins, but neither is overly likely. But at the same time, there arent a TON of selections available for Cincy, which means the likely scenario there, IMO ONLY mind you, would be Ndukwe makes the list over Collins. After all, the team did sign SS Roy Williams to play ahead of Ndukwe.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #69
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

Everytime I put a higher rated guy on there, Boselli comes to mind for the Texans.

I'm going to start mine tonight, already made the team (Las Vegas Impact) Main jersey black with orange accents. I'm doing my whole roster in excel so I'll post who I get when I'm done

Edit: Your thinking of Gary Walker
Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Everytime I put a higher rated guy on there, Boselli comes to mind for the Texans.

I'm going to start mine tonight, already made the team (Las Vegas Impact) Main jersey black with orange accents. I'm doing my whole roster in excel so I'll post who I get when I'm done

Edit: Your thinking of Gary Walker

THAt was the guy.... thank you, was driving me nuts!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #71
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrelms
THAt was the guy.... thank you, was driving me nuts!
Not a problem!

Every freaking time I would play madden 2002 for ps2, I would do franchise and play as the Texans expansion. Then create myself at Runningback and play with them. But that was way before I knew what "sim" was. I wish I could bring that game out just to see it.. but we sold our ps2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #72
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrelms
the only ones that really tend to bother me, are...

QB Josh Johnson, TB
RT A. Collins, CIN
LB Q. Groves, JAX
Collins was a complete accident by me originally and I think gophers must have just overlooked it. I have no idea why I put him on there as I stated in a previous post. I was iffy on Johnson, but I justified it by saying they just drafted a QB in Freeman this past draft who has better potential and higher OVR. I agree with you on Groves, in my update I replaced him with the old and overpayed Torry Holt, justifying that pick by replacing him with either TO or Lee Evans (as I am replacing the Bills) if I do indeed choose him for my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »