Home

Maddens legal battle starts today 09/14/2009!

This is a discussion on Maddens legal battle starts today 09/14/2009! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #65
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Maddens legal battle starts today 09/14/2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Ask and you shall receive...not much difference, my friend. From Law.com:

"monopoly
n. a business or inter-related group of businesses which controls so much of the production or sale of a product or kind of product as to control the market, including prices and distribution. Business practices, combinations and/or acquisitions which tend to create a monopoly may violate various federal statutes which regulate or prohibit business trusts and monopolies or prohibit restraint of trade. However, limited monopolies granted by a manufacturer to a wholesaler in a particular area are usually legal, since they are like "licenses." Public utilities such as electric, gas and water companies may also hold a monopoly in a particular geographic area since it is the only practical way to provide the public service, and they are regulated by state public utility commissions."

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1275
So in a world where there have been 4 other football games released since EA got exclusive NFL rights...they have a monopoly how?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
So you're blaming Madden for all next gen games being 60.00. Ok
NHL2k10 is releasing at $49.99. Who is offering a competing NFL game for less than $60?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #67
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Adem....this one's for you:

monopoly
[me-'nä-pe-le]

pl: -lies

1: exclusive control of a particular market that is marked by the power to control prices and exclude competition and that esp. is developed willfully rather than as the result of superior products or skill
(see also antitrust Sherman Antitrust Act in the Important Laws section)

http://dictionary.lp.findlaw.com/scr...eec61f923bec40
Which would shoot down your argument for most judges, prosecutor.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #68
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get your point, but I think you are forgetting other areas of restrictive choices that would derail the thread if I went into it.

Your point is well taken and well explained, but EA and the NFL aren't the only entities in the US with restrictive choices.(which is frustrating for me as well)

And for me, personally, yeah it's a pain that The Show isn't on the 360. It's not enough of a pain to shell out money for one game, though. Yes, it's a personal choice for me, but it's also very frustrating to be somewhat restricted for baseball as well.(agree less restrictive than football, but none the less, still frustrating)
The one piece of advise I can give you roadman is to not play MLB the show 09 , or you might be buying yourself a PS3 .

It is crazy to pay $300 for a system to play one game, but man MLB the show is fantastic.
Yes I made the plunge. I love baseball games as well and the SHow was so well done that I could not resist.

What worked out also is that the PS3 had some other nice titles, but again dont play the show, and you wont worry about fighting temptation. lol

Take care
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

NFL is EA and EA is the NFL, 2k Sports is all but garbage and is non relevent in the football gaming world. All Pro Football was a flop and you wouldnt be caught dead playing it when your friends come over to play Madden. Oh no guys, I dont want to play Madden I want to play APF and use made up names and teams while using guys who played football 50 years ago...AWESOME!

Madden is beast, and it seems the people that hate them so much are still stuck in the 2k5 days. Hey guess what? That was 5 years ago, it's over, 2k5 was one game ion one year and now its gone. Fanboys of 2k5 could quite possibly worse then ay other fanboy group out there.

EA will never give the NFL license up, never, and the NFL will always give them the copntract as long as they are making money for them, and it seems to me that EA and Madden do quite well every single year.

NFL Awards & Accomplishments: 2008 Pro-Bowl , Texans Single Season Sack Record,
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Which would shoot down your argument for most judges, prosecutor.
How so?

exclusive control of a particular market? Check.

Power to control prices? Check.

Power to exclude competition? Check.

Developed willfully rather than as the result of superior products or skill? Double-check.

Besides, it doesn't really matter what I think. It was enough for the Judge in the Pecover case to deny EA's motion to dismiss, and frankly, for now, that's good enough for me.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP
NFL is EA and EA is the NFL, 2k Sports is all but garbage and is non relevent in the football gaming world. All Pro Football was a flop and you wouldnt be caught dead playing it when your friends come over to play Madden. Oh no guys, I dont want to play Madden I want to play APF and use made up names and teams while using guys who played football 50 years ago...AWESOME!

Madden is beast, and it seems the people that hate them so much are still stuck in the 2k5 days. Hey guess what? That was 5 years ago, it's over, 2k5 was one game ion one year and now its gone. Fanboys of 2k5 could quite possibly worse then ay other fanboy group out there.

EA will never give the NFL license up, never, and the NFL will always give them the copntract as long as they are making money for them, and it seems to me that EA and Madden do quite well every single year.
All pro football was their first football game made in 4 YEARS and it was more realistic than Madden. If you think Madden has done quite well every single year then....wow...your opinion though I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIsMVDP

And WE are fanboys??? lmao

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »