Home

Franchise ruined...can anyone please help?

This is a discussion on Franchise ruined...can anyone please help? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Franchise ruined...can anyone please help?

My brother and I have been playing an offline franchise mode. We did a fantasy draft, and just finished our second season. After completing the offseason with no problems, and entering the pre-season, I went to play my first pre-season game, and I couldn't. I tried several times to 'sim to my game' and I noticed that one game was not being simmed. It was the Colts vs. Giants so I looked at both of their rosters and the Colts had only 1 QB, 1 HB, 1 WR, they didn't even have a punter or strong safety. I don'nt think ther is any way for me to add players to a CPU team, and the CPU apparently didn't bother to do that during the offseason, so now they cannot play any games. As a last ditch effort to keep this franchise going, I tried to play the game and hoped I would be able to advance to week 2, and maybe the CPU would sign some people to fill out their roster, but after I completed the game by super-simming it, the schedule still doesn't show the game as played, and I can't advace past it or even play my game for the week. This is a little difficult to explain in writing, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, and mostly if there is anything I can do to save the franchise, and be able to continue playing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Franchise ruined...can anyone please help?

My franchise started freezing in my third year also so it must be some kind of glitch I just put madden on the shelf and I am waiting on all the patches, again. I will never buy another Madden game on release day ever.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

This is the franchise game killer from madden 08.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatkinson
My brother and I have been playing an offline franchise mode. We did a fantasy draft, and just finished our second season. After completing the offseason with no problems, and entering the pre-season, I went to play my first pre-season game, and I couldn't. I tried several times to 'sim to my game' and I noticed that one game was not being simmed. It was the Colts vs. Giants so I looked at both of their rosters and the Colts had only 1 QB, 1 HB, 1 WR, they didn't even have a punter or strong safety. I don'nt think ther is any way for me to add players to a CPU team, and the CPU apparently didn't bother to do that during the offseason, so now they cannot play any games. As a last ditch effort to keep this franchise going, I tried to play the game and hoped I would be able to advance to week 2, and maybe the CPU would sign some people to fill out their roster, but after I completed the game by super-simming it, the schedule still doesn't show the game as played, and I can't advace past it or even play my game for the week. This is a little difficult to explain in writing, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, and mostly if there is anything I can do to save the franchise, and be able to continue playing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I do not know if it works like an online franchise, but as commish i can go into rosters and add/remove players from any team. So you should be able to add the players they need to the cpu teams.
or you could try trading some of your back up players to them
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason24
I do not know if it works like an online franchise, but as commish i can go into rosters and add/remove players from any team. So you should be able to add the players they need to the cpu teams.
or you could try trading some of your back up players to them
I dont believe you can edit cpu teams in offline franchise, but trading players to them is a great idea, that should fix it...sign a couple of bums with no bonus out of free agency and send them all packing for a 7th round pick or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

glitch thread...locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »