Home

I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads...

This is a discussion on I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I really hope EA takes a good look at some of the Wishlist threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Well, each time you have posted it to try to strengthen your argument.

Its just not relevant to proving your point, post it all you want, but a fictitious list of improvements wont make you any more right.

Honestly, the only appropriate time to post that is when all those improvements are reflected in the game. Until then its pretty much meaningless.
Now, you are becoming psychic? This is a message board and people can express their opinions, one way or the other.

Please tell me where I'm trying to strengthen my argument. Each time I've posted that article, it hasn't been with the intent of arguing with anyone.

My point for the 2 times that I have posted that document has been if people (as in this thread) feel that game play was neglected or over-looked, I'm giving them information that EA posted that was implemented in the game as game-play Nothing more, nothing less. It's up to each individual to interpret the list from there.

I don't know if everything listed in the document made it into the game and neither does anyone else. If everything made it into the game, than I'd need to question how some of it was implemented and why isn't a certain feature working.

That's all I need to say until someone from EA comments.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Now, you are becoming psychic? This is a message board and people can express their opinions, one way or the other.

Please tell me where I'm trying to strengthen my argument. Each time I've posted that article, it hasn't been with the intent of arguing with anyone.
Well, its a discussion. Each time somebody posts they should do so to help strengthen the point they are trying to make. Thats not being psychic, that's understanding the point of a discussion. I give my opinion, hopefully with facts to back it up, you give yours and do the same. People who just post random stuff are trolling.

Now, by your own admission your saying gameplay wasn't overlooked, the way you help prove that is by posting the list.

Normally, I would tend to agree with you, but I think we both know that list isnt exactly truthful. At the very least some of the things on the list dont happen with the frequency to be looked at as improvements.

At least two things on that list are just flat out false, Adaptive AI and Money Plays being nearly impossible. I think you or anybody who has spent the last month with this game know that.

So with that all said, how could anybody lend any credibility to that list knowing that? Specifically the improvements that seem to be up in the air as to if they are in the game or not.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody

At the very least some of the things on the list dont happen with the frequency to be looked at as improvements.

At least two things on that list are just flat out false, Adaptive AI and Money Plays being nearly impossible. I think you or anybody who has spent the last month with this game know that.

So with that all said, how could anybody lend any credibility to that list knowing that? Specifically the improvements that seem to be up in the air as to if they are in the game or not.
I will agree with you on 2 of the 3 things you listed. Money plays, to me, are passes out to the flats or slants over the middle. Those might be tightened(I did say might) up with a patch, especially the flats.

Adaptive AI is the only one I question. I haven't looked at Adaptive AI long or hard enough to form an opinion. One person said it's not in, another says it's in. A CD person feels that's it's in because they said trying running ISO's plays every play and see what happens.

I'll go along and agree and say that the infrequency of some of the things listed.

Hey, at least we agree on some things.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Money plays, to me, are passes out to the flats or slants over the middle. Those might be tightened(I did say might) up with a patch, especially the flats.
Money Plays and Adaptive AI should go hand in hand.

If a player does the same thing over and over (such as slants or flats) the CPU defense should be able to adapt to it. At this point, they don't even change personnel, cover schemes or even double teams.

Offline players must use "house rules" to make up for where the game lacks. Or honestly look at the prospect of winning every game unless the comeback AI makes a game next to impossible.

Most of those players were forced into offline play because EA has never been able to fix in game glitches or exploits. Online game play doesn't revolve around who knows football better, rather who knows how to "break" the CPU defense by hot routing multiple players or snapping with a receiver in motion. Name whatever other moves done with the sole purpose of "confusing" computer defenders.

So really, what are we left with is a game with glaring issues on both forms of play. Neither of which has been addressed or even brought up as a problem by the developers that continue to focus efforts onto other, less pressing, aspects of the game.

Not to mention, the game doesnt even apply NFL rules properly. Intentional grounding, illegal man down field or clock procedure. Ive yet to see a late hit or facemask.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-19-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Offline players must use "house rules" to make up for where the game lacks. Most of those players were forced into offline play because EA has never been able to fix in game glitches or exploits. Online game play doesnt revolve around who knows football better, rather who knows how to "break" the CPU defense by hot routing multiple players or snapping with a receiver in motion.
This is why I haven't played Madden online in like two years. It's just pointless. Utterly pointless. You're not playing a football video game, you're just trying to out-exploit your opponent, or at least that's what it comes down to. It's boring.

I'd like to see adaptive AI on offense, as in, I blow a coverage and your best WR is wide open for a long TD, maybe the QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would actually notice this, instead of throwing a checkdown into three defenders? But then again, in the time it takes you to notice someone wide open down field, and then get into the throwing animation, you're going to get hit and just throw a wounded duck anyways, if even that. They SERIOUSLY need to slow down the pass rush. I won't get into the horrific warp blocking, because the bigger issue is how fast it gets to you on EVERY play. Your WR's don't even have time to run their routes 90% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
This is why I haven't played Madden online in like two years. It's just pointless. Utterly pointless. You're not playing a football video game, you're just trying to out-exploit your opponent, or at least that's what it comes down to. It's boring.
The worst part about that is how easily it could be fixed. "The other" game didnt let you hot route more than one player and you couldn't snap the ball with a WR in motion.

People snapping the ball while the WR is running across the Oline, the WR cuts through the line untouched and runs his route, all at full speed. If thats not bad enough, it can switch your coverage from a DB to a LB depending on your formation.

Not only has it not been fixed, EA allowed "Madden Nation" players to embrace it by winning money and teaching it to others as "veteran game tips".
Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 17

I know, I watched that stupid Madden show a couple of times and it sickened me. You have guys winning tournaments as the "best" players, talking "strategy" and stuff, when in all reality, they're just exploiting the gameplay flaws and nothing more.

I don't know if it's all on EA though. I generally feel that all online gaming sucks when it comes to sports games. It's no different with NBA 2K or the Show. People will find little glitches or weaknesses that they can exploit, and then just exploit the hell out of them until they win.

Some of the things, like the motion thing, and just all around throws to the flats, should NOT be like that though. Just a really, really, poor representation of NFL football. I'm not a giant 2K fan or anything, I never even played an NFL 2K game, so I don't know where it stands compared to Madden. All I know is that what I watch on Sundays and what I play when playing Madden, are vastly different, and not just in the "it's a video game, it obviously isn't going to be 100% real" kind of way. Its flaws prevent it from even being a good arcade representation of football.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Im happy they fixed the presentation, but it still needs work especially on highlights. Also just becuz u fix presentation, doesnt mean gameplay should lack. ESPN 2K5 proves that. So theres no excuses for that problem, just lazy. They hav in mind. "we can just fix it in a 2nd patch 4 months after launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »